You Boys Along the E. Coast Okay???

Gilbert

I haven't heard from either, but Marty and I were at the eastern edge of the HurricaneTracker.com bands and I didn't see or feel much. Gary was closer to the track. I probably got 3-4" rain, but only 25 mph winds. Apparently some cooler, dryer air slipped in behind Irene as it went up the coast -- only Shep Smith (FNC) noted and predicted the effect.

My power went out at 3 AM anyway, didn't come back on until 10:30, almost record speed for Pepco. Maybe they improved some things after all.

The I-95 big cities weren't hit as hard as they feared, but New England sure didn't escape much. The prep, attention, and cooperation at the Fed, state, and city levels seemed to be great, no Katrina goofs this time.

Late to the party as usual.

Not even a flicker at my house. As I said the day before Irene arrived, because I was prepared and had the generator ready to go, nothing would happen. Lots of debris but that's about it. Thanks for asking, Gilbert.

I haven't been to my house on the DE shore yet. We're heading down tomorrow with our finger's crossed, hoping we don't need to use the cornwalls and a paddle to assess the damage. I wonder if cornwalls float?

Several non-storm related phone calls yesterday with some folks in DC, Arlington, etc. Very sober and conservative gentlemen they are. "We've had worse thunderstorms", was one comment.

Then again, that was only that area. FEMA director Fugate has made a number of statements regarding the states further north. Appears that Vermont got slammed by the rain with a number of towns cut off by washed away bridges and roads.

Late to the party as usual.

Not even a flicker at my house. As I said the day before Irene arrived, because I was prepared and had the generator ready to go, nothing would happen. Lots of debris but that's about it. Thanks for asking, Gilbert.

I haven't been to my house on the DE shore yet. We're heading down tomorrow with our finger's crossed, hoping we don't need to use the cornwalls and a paddle to access the damage. I wonder if cornwalls float?

Say hey nice to see you post Gary. Hope your Beach House survived unscathed too.

Several non-storm related phone calls yesterday with some folks in DC, Arlington, etc. Very sober and conservative gentlemen they are. "We've had worse thunderstorms", was one comment.

True enough for our area. This tidbit from last year comes to mind: http://www.pepco.com/_res/documents/pepco%20md%20storm%20response.pdf I was without power for nearly a week that time.