Saw a post of Facebook that Steve Jobs died today

Mighty Favog

I'm a PC guy through-and-through but our computers at work are all Macs. I do have to admit, rarely do we have any sort of problems with them.

I remember using Apple computers at school growing up. Fond memories of playing Oregon Trail and Number/Word Munchers on them.

Apple has been a huge influence in technology for the entire planet.

Posted Image

• Moderators

IMO Steve Jobs is one of the few who had the stones to follow his convictions and dreams to their fulfillment. He saw the world a little differently than most and changed it. RIP

He did see it a little differently, with a little help. [:o]

8. Alternative lifestyle
In a few interviews, Jobs hinted at his early experience with the psychedelic drug LSD. Of Microsoft founder Bill Gates, Jobs said: "I wish him the best, I really do. I just think he and Microsoft are a bit narrow. He'd be a broader guy if he had dropped acid once or gone off to an ashram when he was younger."

The connection has enough weight that Albert Hofmann, the Swiss scientist who first synthesized (and took) LSD, appealed to Jobs for funding for research about the drug's therapeutic use.

In a book interview, Jobs called his experience with the drug "one of the two or three most important things I have done in my life." As Jobs himself has suggested, LSD may have contributed to the "think different" approach that still puts Apple's designs a head above the competition.

Jobs will forever be a visionary, and his personal life also reflects the forward-thinking, alternative approach that vaulted Apple to success. During a trip to India, Jobs visited a well-known ashram and returned to the U.S. as a Zen Buddhist.

Jobs was also a pescetarian who didn't consume most animal products, and didn't eat meat other than fish. A strong believer in Eastern medicine, he sought to treat his own cancer through alternative approaches and specialized diets before reluctantly seeking his first surgery for a cancerous tumor in 2004.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/8-things-didn-t-know-life-steve-jobs-172130955.html

IMO Steve Jobs is one of the few who had the stones to follow his convictions and dreams to their fulfillment. He saw the world a little differently than most and changed it. RIP

He did see it a little differently, with a little help. Surprise

8. Alternative lifestyle

In a few interviews, Jobs hinted at his early experience with the psychedelic drug LSD.

Back in the 70s, i did full scale research. went to sleep and thought that I'd slept for 4 months once. pacing around the living room wondering what a person does after sleeping that long. it's too long of a story for this forum and i'm lucky that Amy has allowed me over 2000 posts, so i'd better not push my luck.