What center and surrounds to go with RF7's. Opinions needed

jordan122345

I've also used Allofcraigs.com when needing to do a generic search for stuff. The local area search engine can be a bit hit or miss but it works well to find, RS7's for example, for sale all across the nation. However, the problem you run into then is obviously shipping. Lets just say Youthman's a pro Klipsch hunter ;) PS: In case you hadnt gathered, this site searches all of Craigslist.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah this is getting a bit rediculus if you ask me Another one just came up on ebay too.But 6 more days to go.And $600 is way way to high I think

It's a tough call but if you are an RF-7 owner what are you gonna do? Fwiw, something to consider is what are you going to be able to get that brings your Entertainment collection alive like having that front soundstage? You could skimp on the center, but I disagree that there are going to be alot of RC-7s coming up for sale because it would still need to be replaced and there isn't anything other than possibly one of the RC-64 units and they would be similarly priced, if not more...My 2 cents and good luck.

Yeah I am an RF7 owner and I just bought a set of RS7's off ebay.But now I need the damn center channel.The last RC7 went for $640 WTF are you kidding me WOW.There is another one on ebay now so I hope people dont go stupid again and bid it way up.And I cant seem to find a RC64 either.

The last RC7 went for $640 WTF are you kidding me WOW

If the RC-7 is in mint condition then it's easily worth $650 IMO. New they were $800, considering their high demand and limited availability I think they are worth the money. Just my two cents.

• Moderators

They might be worth that much but I could not see me spending that much on a used speaker that old. It's not uncommon to find used gear for 50% or more from their original Retail price.I would shoot for around $400 - $450 if you can. Just my 2 cents (worth about 1/4 of that in this economy).

• Moderators

Dang it that is just so much money for a 10 year old speaker and considering the New price of $800 and then on top of the selling price there will be like $50 in shipping costs.

I totally agree with you.

Yikes but I dont think I have a choice

You do have a choice....it's just not fun. It's called patience. [;)] Typically, I have found if I am in a hurry to buy I will spend more, if I'm in a hurry to sell, I will have to take much less than my asking price...BUT....if I am patient, I will find items at a much cheaper price and if I am patient, I will sell items closer to my asking price.

Dang it that is just so much money for a 10 year old speaker and considering the New price of $800 and then on top of the selling price there will be like $50 in shipping costs.

I totally agree with you.

Yikes but I dont think I have a choice

You do have a choice....it's just not fun. It's called patience. Wink Typically, I have found if I am in a hurry to buy I will spend more, if I'm in a hurry to sell, I will have to take much less than my asking price...BUT....if I am patient, I will find items at a much cheaper price and if I am patient, I will sell items closer to my asking price.

All of this is good advice, but given that so few RC-7s were made and there aren't alot of Original RF-7s being sold it's a sellers market. Fwiw, I have an extra RC-7 and pair of RB-75s that I wouldn't sell for the price any of you are offering and please don't e-mail because THEY ARE NOT FOR SALE!

I think we saw some trickery there at the end of that auction, either one or two things happened.

1. There was a big bid from someone a few days before the end. (Like 600 bucks), while it was still in the 2-3 hundred range. Others bidded, but kept getting auto-outbidded, so they just kept going until it got too high.

2. The seller was pumping up the bid with another account.

The last cherry one on ebay was 360 bucks. So something had to happen to drive it that high. I'll bet the seller never expected it to go for that much.

Hope they had insurance, because I know what a pain those things are to ship if it is mishandeled.

Thats what I thought.So I emailed the seller about it and he got pissed.So he says he almost felt bad because it went for so much.So he said he was gonna ship it for free and also get a new grill and manual and stuff.And then he said he was gonna bid on the other one of ebay right now and then sell it too.Sucker anyways.