Okay so changed mind again now I am keeping the RF7's.Just sold the RF83's yesterday

jordan122345

So I listened and listened and listened and then I listened to both of them.So I think the RF7's are a little brighter but not night and day difference.And I think the bass out of the RF83's is a little bit better.So between the RF83's being almost brand new and the RF7's having a few dings in the cones.I have decided to go with the RF83's.So now I am in need of a RC64.Anyone selling one in good shape by chance.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To each their own, what's best for you is what you want.I could not imagine trading my 7's for even two pairs of 83's.That just means I love my 7's and consider them a truly legendary speaker.The 83's are great too so you can't go too far wrong.

I understand you love your RF7's but that is a little absurd saying you wouldnt' take 2 pairs of RF83's.Don't get me wrong they sound amazing and look great minus the dings in the cones.I still have both and will keep testing throughout the night and tomorrow morning to see if the RF7's change my mind.

• Moderators

So I listened and listened and listened and then I listened to both of them.So I think the RF7's are a little brighter but not night and day difference.And I think the bass out of the RF83's is a little bit better.So between the RF83's being almost brand new and the RF7's having a few dings in the cones.I have decided to go with the RF83's.So now I am in need of a RC64.Anyone selling one in good shape by chance.

That was precisely the same conclusion I made and pretty much the same scenario I had. Perfect RF-83's vs RF-7 with Cosmetic Issues. My conclusion likewise was the RF-83's vs RF-7 differences were minor at best with RF-83's being smoother but having better bass response.

I believe either way, whether you decided RF-7 vs RF-83, you'd still end up a winner.

IMO, if you have made up your mind to keep the RF-83, don't let the local RC-7 change your mind. RC-64's do come around, again....just have to be willing to be patient. I be you are getting tired of hearing me say that. [:P]

I understand you love your RF7's but that is a little absurd saying you wouldnt' take 2 pairs of RF83's.Don't get me wrong they sound amazing and look great minus the dings in the cones.I still have both and will keep testing throughout the night and tomorrow morning to see if the RF7's change my mind.

Now why would you think it absurd? I have two prefect 7's, hand picked by me .I just bought a pair of 83's again(my 2nd pair) for $600 local.So, why would I trade my 7's for $1200 worth of speakers? Does it sound less absurd? My point is what's right for one person is not for another.I could see the 83's being as good maybe better in a certain environment.If you feel like you had a good listen and prefer 83's let them 7's roll, you posted "thoughts"......that's mine.

Youthman, did you have 7's hooked to the UMC?

I wasnt trying to make you mad FISH.Just saying $6000 worth of speakers in 2 sets of RF83's versus $3000 worth of speakers in the RF7's.When there isnt much difference in sound at all between the 2.I like both dont get me wrong.And holy crap those are awesome prices you paid for the 83's dang.So whats your opinion of the RC64 against the RC7 then since you have both

I can understand Fish's opinion. It was difficult at first for me to think this way but now that I have been informed on the topic I do understand. You see prices on big speakers like the 83's, 63's, 7's, ect can vary ALOT from place to place. There was a guy on here selling his RF63/RC64 combo for $2000 a while back and I thought to myself "he's never gonna get that". However I guess he was from SF, CA and where he lives that price was about right. He claims to have gotten that price from a local buyer (not a forum member). I'm in the northest... I sold my 63's (mint) for $800 so you can see there was a large difference in price from one place to the next. Especially with large speakers that people don't feel comfortable shipping.

The other thing is that people grow an emotional attachment to Klipsch speakers (not everyone but some). I have had forum members feel insulted when I made an offer on speakers without first seeing them! lol So when someone really loves their speakers it shouldn't surprise you that they "value" them when they are compared to something you like. It surprised me at first but through time spent on this forum I figured it out. Good luck with your RC64 search. They are tough to come by but they do pop up on occasion. Shake777 is selling his right now (if its not sold already). I think he wants like $400 plus shipping.

Hey Jordan, you didn't make me mad at all, not in the least.I understand why you thought it was absurd, just explaining why is wasn't.As to the 7 vs 64, I had a 64 but sold it with my last pair of 83's.I think difference in the two is the same difference in the 7/83.I really like the rc7 but the 64 was great too, just not quite as big and bright sound.It also does great multi channel music with solid bass.

If you don't find the 7's easily superior just keep the 83's if they're in good shape.And Jason made some good points.

• Moderators

Jordan I know you've been looking for an Rc7 for a while now. Did you happen to miss the one posted here for 200+ shipping? It was listed today.

Wow, with deals like that, you have to be quick. Looks like Gorm might have first dibs with his PM sent 8 minutes after the listing. Link

Jordan I know you've been looking for an Rc7 for a while now. Did you happen to miss the one posted here for 200+ shipping? It was listed today.

Wow, with deals like that, you have to be quick. Looks like Gorm might have first dibs with his PM sent 8 minutes after the listing. Link

I canceled the deal when he raised the price this morning. He knows that he asked too little. Anyways, its up for grabs.