New member in need of help. Have I lost my mind? Sympathy / war stories if you been through this too

MRC2011

This all started when my JBL sub died the week of Thanksgiving, then one thing led to another. I went to BB and purchased a cheap Polk replacement sub, at which time I was introduced to the new Klipsch ICON line. I was impressed, I had not heard any Klipsch since I owned a small competition car audio shop about 20 years ago. A guy who owned rival shop, and had way more money than me, let me hear his LaScala's. I was blown away, but forgot about them since they were out of my affordability zone. Now, hear I am on impulse and name association, and a good deal pulling the trigger at BB. I thought it was over when I got my 4 KF-28's, and a KC-25 (IMHO not better than the Polk CS400). Then I realized, the Polk sub was not carrying its weight, it disappeared when my receiver hit -30db. So then I pulled the trigger on 2 RW-12d's (so sweet). Now I have what I thought was an awesome sounding system. However since joining the forum, I have learned a lot about Klipsch, and I cannot believe I am saying this, but I want more, and I want it bad. I am ready to upgrade to some second hand reference series, namely 2 RF-83's, a RC-64 and 2 RF-63's. I don't know what is wrong with me, I have new Klipsch speakers that sound good (but I have aluminum horns, not titanium, and IMG woofers not Cerametallic). I even replaced my old couch with 2 powered leather home theater recliners to enjoy the sound more. I cannot believe I am considering doing this now. I need help. Anyone else been here? Can someone give me a good reason to wait????

I cannot believe I am considering doing this now. I need help. Anyone else been here? Can someone give me a good reason to wait????

Anyone else been there?????? You're funny. The collective forum of enablers adept at spending others monies tell you no??????? You're killin me.

if you've got the budget - do it, and do it now.

He's absolutely right! Do it now and stop losing sleep!

Good sleep and good music = Priceless! [;)]

Welcome to the Klipsch Forums, we understand and are glad you are here! [<:o)]

I think I see La Scalas in your future! yes.gif

Dennie

LOL!!! ........... I am glad this is not a 12 step program!!!! I am losing my will to resist the temptation.

However, any ideas about how RF-83's would perform in a room that is only 14 x 18? I have heard that they need a large room to sound their best.(go ahead kill my pathetic reasoning [:)] )

LOL!!! ........... I am glad this is not a 12 step program!!!! I am losing my will to resist the temptation.

However, any ideas about how RF-83's would perform in a room that is only 14 x 18? I have heard that they need a large room to sound their best.(go ahead kill my pathetic reasoning Smile )

When you have been here awhile you'll find that many of us have long term commitments to excellence in sound. As where you are today we had a starting point, often with more budgetary constraints than room dimensions. Many of us have equipments we do not use awaiting that day when we have the right space or system. Now as to your specific question I once installed a complete RF 7 system in a room smaller than the one you have mentioned. Aside from a broken window it seemed to work out all right and I never had any complaints about sound quality. It could be that you live nearby someone who could afford you an audition of the many Klipsch lines. I suggest that you try and get a listen to the Heritage stuff. Good luck and sorry for the riff's. Asking folks around here for any reason to not get audio stuff will uniformly result in a solid ribbing.