SW115 has been released for sale!

abjonesiii

• 4 weeks later...

You won't find too many people buying Klipsch subs today.The flatout blunt reason is Klipsch subs are not all that great, at least not the latest generation subs anyway, especially when compaired to what you can buy elsewhere for the same or less money. Klipsch make great speakers and there use to be a time they made good subs but compaired to whats out there now I'd say Klipsch aren't even on most peoples mind when it comes to buying subs. The only time I hear of somebody bringing home Klipsch sub in todays day is because it was included as part of the speakers they just baught.

I tried the SW112 for a short while and thought the thing was garbage. Noway it deserved to be in the same room with my RF-82 system. I replaced it with an SVS PB12-NSD, which was give or take the same price as the MSRP of the Klipsch, and the SVS blew the Klipsch away.

I'll say it again hoping to not be flamed by the fanboys. Klipsch make great speakers, I own and love everything about my Klipsch speakers, but their recent sub offerings leave a lot to be desired. Heck I'd take my old RW-10 over what Klipsch has come out with recently in the sub department.

The flatout blunt reason is Klipsch subs are not all that great, at least not the latest generation subs anyway,

Except for the RSW's, first generation and the only second generation the RSW-10d(which I own). The RT's are of high quality but the retail $$$ was pretty high for the performance offered.

I say bring back the RSW-15 and make it digitally controlled(RSW-15d) with on board EQ and acoustic suspension(sealed with no passive) and at least a 1200 watt amp. Heck, they could even outsource the mfr'ing by SVS or HSU, I don't care, and sell it internet direct through Klipsch.com to keep cost down. The Reference subs need to have cerametallic woofers(copper) as a designation. I like my speakers to match visually that is why I had my Revel B15 veneered in natural cherry to match my RF-63/RC-64.

Bill

The flatout blunt reason is Klipsch subs are not all that great, at least not the latest generation subs anyway,

Except for the RSW's, first generation and the only second generation the RSW-10d(which I own). The RT's are of high quality but the retail $$$ was pretty high for the performance offered.

I agree the RSW andRT subs were high quality subs but I'm not sure Klipsch makes those anymore. I know I haven't seen them in studios or online in quite sometime. I was simply going by whats avaliable today and today's offerings from Klipsch are crap. Sorry to be so blunt or "harsh" but it's true. I think they need to do as you suggested and bring back the RSW/RT design with modernized features or scrap subs all together. There are just way too many dedicated sub manufactures now that can sell much more sub for far less then Klipsch usually list their subs for. Even on a half off sale I find Klipsch subs underwhelming.

If you own a Klipsch sub and are happy with it I am happy for you. My point isn't an attemp to trash another person's system. Basically I'm just saying there are far better choises out there then a Klipsch sub and I highly doubt anyone around here is going to pay for the SW115 when they could get an SVS or ID alike that would leave it in the dust.

I agree the RSW andRT subs were high quality subs but I'm not sure Klipsch makes those anymore. I know I haven't seen them in studios or online in quite sometime.

They are Reference III and IV models.

I was simply going by whats avaliable today and today's offerings from Klipsch are crap. Sorry to be so blunt or "harsh" but it's true.

Crap may be a bit harsh but their current offerings are not any I would ever be interested in. They look okay and probably sound okay, but that would be just, "okay". Especially when you factor in the price of admission.

If you own a Klipsch sub and are happy with it I am happy for you.

I think the RSW-10d was one of the last great subs(very musical) offered by Klipsch but still the retail price was too high($1300.00). I happened to get mine for $500.00 shipped from Vanns a couple of years ago and for that price, it is easily worth it.

My point isn't an attemp to trash another person's system.

Never thought that for a moment.

Basically I'm just saying there are far better choises out there then a Klipsch sub and I highly doubt anyone around here is going to pay for the SW115 when they could get an SVS or ID alike that would leave it in the dust.

I am sure you are correct but I sure hope this SW115 can bring the goods and maybe it can be had for at least 20% off msrp.[Y]

Bill

Yeah the RSW-10D was an all around fantastic subwoofer, not just in performance but the thing was so sexy looking.

It is really sexy when the passive grill is removed and Paul Simon's "50 Ways to Leave your Lover" is making that 10 inch radiator thump. Very good subwoofer demo recording. Snare and kick drums in a well choreographed rhythm.

Bill

Somebody on this forum is on the offensive when I said that the Epic Empire will eat this sub alive! Well, all of the testing and numbers for the Empire has been well established. And base on that, the SW115 is no match for the Empire. I will take the Empire over the SW115 anyday of the week. The only Klispch sub that I have ever bought from Klipsch is the Sub-10. At $150, it will give the competitors a run for their money. However, at $499, there are better alternative.

Somebody on this forum is on the offensive when I said that the Epic Empire will eat this sub alive! Well, all of the testing and numbers for the Empire has been well established. And base on that, the SW115 is no match for the Empire. I will take the Empire over the SW115 anyday of the week. The only Klispch sub that I have ever bought from Klipsch is the Sub-10. At $150, it will give the competitors a run for their money.

Who? Me? I think you mean "defensive", not offensive.

So, what is the point of your post?