Fine Food and Music

Boxx

Do you really believe that you're going to get your Droid and your Mac to play nice together. Oh... You are so SO deluded. You realize of course that they're "mortal" enemies. Right?

OK... Just kidding... You can get photos off of an Android phone to load in to a Mac. I've done it. Connect the phone to the Mac with the USB cable. It should see it as an external drive. From there drill down to the photos or images folder and drag them from there wherever you want to store them on the Mac.

And I of course have to add...

TTIWWOP2.jpg

Jeff (off subject)...

Did you ever sell those floor standing speakers you listed awhile back?

Do you really believe that you're going to get your Droid and your Mac to play nice together. Oh... You are so SO deluded. You realize of course that they're "mortal" enemies. Right?

OK... Just kidding... You can get photos off of an Android phone to load in to a Mac. I've done it. Connect the phone to the Mac with the USB cable. It should see it as an external drive. From there drill down to the photos or images folder and drag them from there wherever you want to store them on the Mac.

And I of course have to add...

TTIWWOP2.jpg

I don't want to sound like a d*** but I have the Galaxy sIII and the iPhone5, just took the pics on the droid, with no PC in the house, all Mac. I suppose I could MMS the pics to the iPhone? Or just email and upload them here. I think I'm thinking too much.

Either way it smells amazing in here. I vote for the next Pilgrimage we have something like a potluck or something where everyone brings a dish

Rdmarsiii,

If you don't want to mess with it email them to me at jeff DOT hoak AT gmail DOT com and I'll host them in my Photobucket account and supply you with the links to them.

Boxx,

If you're referring to the RF-3 IIs they're still here. They play 16+ hours a day. I'd love to find a new home for them so I can move on to the next "project".

Rdmarsiii,

If you don't want to mess with it email them to me at jeff DOT hoak AT gmail DOT com and I'll host them in my Photobucket account and supply you with the links to them.

Boxx,

If you're referring to the RF-3 IIs they're still here. They play 16+ hours a day. I'd love to find a new home for them so I can move on to the next "project".

Jeff, I'll get those photos over in a few!! Thank you so much!

David

So here we go. The homemade enchiladas consisted of a whole chicken that was roasted in the crockpot overnight. I went ahead and pulled the chicken apart and stored it, then used the bones and carcass to make my own broth. Made my enchilada sauce (email me for the recipe) and of course rolled them in flour tortillas. I have my own version of a sour cream sauce, I have several that I've gained from my favorite mexican food restaurants, and I've influenced mine with their ideas and a few tweaks of my own. My sauce consists of sour cream, cream cheese, a tad of freshly grated parm, cumin, cayenne, s&p, and a bit of white wine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You've done well grasshopper. Who else here is old enough to know that reference?

I'm looking forward to photos of the finished and plated dish.

If you need to host additional pictures you have my email address. Happy to do it for you.

In the mean time I am so SO craving a big ole plate of enchinalads

Enjoy!

So here we go. The homemade enchiladas consisted of a whole chicken that was roasted in the crockpot overnight. I went ahead and pulled the chicken apart and stored it, then used the bones and carcass to make my own broth. Made my enchilada sauce (email me for the recipe) and of course rolled them in flour tortillas. I have my own version of a sour cream sauce, I have several that I've gained from my favorite mexican food restaurants, and I've influenced mine with their ideas and a few tweaks of my own. My sauce consists of sour cream, cream cheese, a tad of freshly grated parm, cumin, cayenne, s&p, and a bit of white wine.

20120921_012148_resized.jpg

20120921_014034_resized.jpg

20120921_014721_resized.jpg

Let' break out some cold adult beverages and dig in.... Looks great!

Good going Rdmarsiii ! Thanks so much for adding your very nice dish to Fine Food [:)] Guess I should get off my bottom and post a few recent dinners of note as well.... Lets see more [:D]

Boxx, still waiting to see your new smoker........DO post soon [Y]

.........Gary

Good going Rdmarsiii ! Thanks so much for adding your very nice dish to Fine Food Smile Guess I should get off my bottom and post a few recent dinners of note as well.... Lets see more Big Smile

Boxx, still waiting to see your new smoker........DO post soon Yes

.........Gary

I think the next thing I'll post is my chicken and tarragon cream sauce. I have to make it first though =P Its always a crowd pleaser, and also incorporates white wine =P

I just got back from the grocery.

Coming soon: The Pot Roast Project.

With an all star cast featuring Shoulder Roast, Carrots, Potatoes, Onions, Celery, and Mushrooms.

Pictures to follow...

Are you using the slow cooker or oven? I wanted to do one this weekend, but our roasts here aren't on sale. I have some pork in the freezer that I can use to make a pork roast though. I'm excited to see how yours turns out!!

I'm using a "slow cooker" (I.E. Crock-Pot) this time. I've also made the same in a Dutch oven cooked in the oven. I like the results of the crock-pot better even though it takes a LOT longer.

I've never done a "pork" pot roast but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be wonderful. Go for it.

Here's a "teaser" picture of what's currently simmering at the jhoak household.

Posted Image

Yea... It smells WAY better than it looks right now.

I'm using a "slow cooker" (I.E. Crock-Pot) this time. I've also made the same in a Dutch oven cooked in the oven. I like the results of the crock-pot better even though it takes a LOT longer.

I've never done a "pork" pot roast but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be wonderful. Go for it.

Here's a "teaser" picture of what's currently simmering at the jhoak household.

Pot-Roast.jpg

Yea... It smells WAY better than it looks right now.

That looks amazing Jeff!! What seasonings do you use? I usually WAG mine when I make a pot roast. And I do agree about the crockpot, even though it takes longer, the taste is so much more worth it.

Tonight, I did up the vegetarian Swedish meet balls once again... You have seen these on a number of other evenings, so I will just discribe here...

I prepped TWO heads of garlic, all cloves were simply cut in half, NO chopping into fine pieces.

TWO whole onions were used, one white, one red, chopped to medium sized pieces...

One package of baby 'bella' mushrooms, their stems were chopped FINE, the tops were quartered.

TWO whole fresh nutmeg pods were ground.

Half container of vegetarian broth.

THREE containers of vegetarian sour cream.

Lots of XVOO

Fresh ground sea salt and pepper.

Eggless noodles cooked..

Vegetarian meatballs (from 'Morning Star' VERY good !)

Sauce and meat balls were simmered on the new gas range.

Later..............

Poured over the noodles, plated, and topped with fresh Italian, broad leaf parsley IN Fiesta Ware pasta dishes (cobalt blue, made in USA!)..

A salad of fresh yellow and red sweet pepper, chopped organic romane hearts, along with fresh sliced tomatoes .. Topped with XVOO, and organic balsamic vinegar...

The VINO was a FINE white wine from Gainey vintners - 2007 vintage, servied chilled...

YUMMY [:D]

.........Gary

• Moderators

Very creative. [Y]

I tried some blackened pork chops, sorry no pictures but I did learn I need to CUT the pepper amount back a little. [:o]

It was really tasty but a little to hot, they did cook perfectly in a cast iron skillet outside on a side burner.

I tried a new cab last night, called 'Freakshow.' One of the better ones I've tried, and easy on the wallet as well. However bought the bottle while at Mia Bella Trattoria last night, they thought $50 would be a good price for the bottle, and upon a google search it sells for $16 at our local liquor store ha. Ya live and you learn.