Favorite Stogie

jtubbs6117

Music and your favorite hobby tends to go hand in hand. Especially for me having a good smoke and relaxing to good tunes on a warm afternoon. I just thought it would be cool to see what others smoked and the music they listen to.

The cigar factory of New Orleans: Tres Hermono 54X7'' I think

Van Morrison

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish I could chime in, but I've found over the years that I prefer the flavor and smoking experience of pipe tobaccos. Easier storage too - mason jars on a cool dark shelf. Peterson pipes and tobacco's are my favorite, and since I don't smoke regularly I can afford the "brand snob" premium they cost.

Anyone who espouses tobacco use on the forums is a turd and should be banned. Why don't you peddle your addiction elsewhere?

ad·dic·tion

[uh-dik-shuhn]
noun
the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

ped·dle

[ped-l] verb, -dled, -dling.
verb (used with object)
to carry (small articles, goods, wares, etc.) from place to place for sale at retail; hawk.
to deal out, distribute, or dispense, especially in small quantities: to peddle radical ideas.
to sell (drugs) illicitly.
To assume that generic conversation about a particular indulgence automatically indicates addiction is REPULSIVE and short-sighted of you. turn down your morality meter and accept the fact that people with common interests here might wish to discuss their full range of hobbies/pleasures, and that these discussions might differ from your own preferences.
There are food discussions and I don't see you waving the gluttony banner for fat people addicted to food.
There are people here who have admitted to divorcing their spouses over music hobbies, yet I don't see you condeming them for choosing electronics over their marriage.
There are people here who talk about the varios alcohol they enjoy, yet I don't see you waving the prohibition banner in defiance.
People can enjoy things in moderation and openly discuss them without being addicted. I certainly don't see anyone in this thread peddling any of it. So lighten up. You're a turd and should be banned.

nor do i see anyone forcing someone else to smoke or espousing the virtues of smoking in this thread. people with similar interests and pleasures should be able to discuss without having to deal with finger shaking condemnation. You know the subject of the thread, feel free to skip over it. None of this content violates the Klipsch forum TOS, and so you should lighten up and let other people make their own choices.

Anyone who espouses tobacco use on the forums is a turd and should be banned. Why don't you peddle your addiction elsewhere?

With that being said..... and at the risk of being called a "turd" and the risk of being "banned," when I do have an occasional cigar, I prefer to have one from the Dominican Republic. Consistently fresh and enjoyable...

If anyone finds this offensive, piss off.

Stay thirsty my friends.... Boxx

With that being said..... and at the risk of being called a "turd" and the risk of being "banned," when I do have an occasional cigar, I prefer to have one from the Dominican Republic. Consistently fresh and enjoyable...

Boxx - you and your 2nd hand smoke are welcome up to Rancho del Ray any time.

Boxx - you and your 2nd hand smoke are welcome up to Rancho del Ray any time.

Great... with a good stogie (and an adult beverage [said quietly]) we can sit and solve some of the world's problems.... lol...

Gentlemen thank you for your post. The reason the post was made was to try
and further explore the collective knowledge of the forum. Hence why the word
stogie was used. I believe and it has been my experience that having a cigar is
a gentleman’s hobby. I use the word hobby to be specific. A hobby like audio,
coffee, whiskey, and cigars requires education trial and error. People mostly
will come to the forum and ask questions of members, they believe are more
experienced and can help them make a wise decision about a purchase or help
push them in the right direction. This is the same for my posting, it was
just to see how many members enjoyed a smoke and if they cared to make a list
or chat about an experience. I extend my thanks to those that have.

Having a cigar is much like having a cup of coffee. There are different
types of coffee the roast the origin of the beans. Even how the coffee is
prepared is also in itself important. This applies to having a cigar, country
of origin, the wrapper, the size and even brand.

To address your comment about 2nd hand smoke, I smoke on my back porch
looking over my acreage. As far as I know no wildlife has turned up dead
of lung cancer.