Favorite Stogie

jtubbs6117

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, I think it great to mention acreage...

You are about an equal distance north of Dallas, as I am south of the city, in Ellis County.

The only acreage I have to speak of is on Caddo Lake in east Texas, in Harrison County.

• Moderators

*edit* - My wife says I've become a land snob in light of how casually and often i mention my acreage. I guess I'm just proud of my parcel and love sharing :)

Very nice looking, you should be proud, sure better than in the city. imo

I always say, "no neighbors are better than the best neighbors". Or at least a little room between neighbors. [Y]

You do realize your going to need some portable (pointing outside) speakers at some point, I think it might be an ordnance in the country, or should be.

hehe, thanks dtel. I'm finding it to be a relatively easy transition, much more relaxing and satisfying - even with the extra upkeep and honey-do items.

You do realize your going to need some portable (pointing outside) speakers at some point, I think it might be an ordnance in the country, or should be.

i'm sure Carl and I will be talking at some point in the future about an outdoor setup. He had his party rig hooked up for me when I went down last. One of his daughter's friends texted while we were outside listening to The Black Keys. Apparently she lived 2+ blocks away and could hear everything quite clearly...

i'm sure Carl and I will be talking at some point in the future about an outdoor setup. He had his party rig hooked up for me when I went down last. One of his daughter's friends texted while we were outside listening to The Black Keys. Apparently she lived 2+ blocks away and could hear everything quite clearly...

I AM the bad influence afterall.

• Moderators

Well sometimes you just have to get with some bad influences for the good stuff. [:o]

I had a witty post for this thread but then I read Dave's adventure and forgot what I was going to say. Soooo lemme just add I thoroughly enjoy a stogie and a good single malt. Tonight however I might tip back a bit o Bourbon with my Reposado 96 maduro......or mabye The Balvenie Caribbean Cask with A Macanudo Maduro.....Or maybe Macallan with ......

swisher sweets for all!

Actually, not a bad smoke. Especially sitting by a campfire on the Cossatot river with the sky ablaze with stars, the river rolling past, and a glass of Knob Creek with a splash of Cossatot River water...

Just back from vacation with my son and we spent 4 days there.

Dave

• 2 months later...

I enjoy having choices and variety. I have 1500 + in a 6' humidor that is crammed full and supposed to hold 3000. My next-door-neighbor bought my 600-size cabinet after I filled it and five 50 to100-size humidors. My favorite is probably a Fuente "Don Carlos", but I also really like the Don Peppin "My Father". Of course, as soon as I think that, a stream of others come to mind. I tell my friends, "If there's a bad cigar in there, please smoke it.".

SSH

• 2 weeks later...

Arturo Fuente's are my cigar of choice. Typically something in the $5-8 range. My Humidor has roughly 20 cigars (mostly Arturo's) including one Opus X and a pre-ban Cuban I picked up at a "Cigar Night" and couple years back. Was a long time pipe smoker and still have a good collection of Savinelli's (incl Autograph straight grains), Peterson's, a Parker Calabash, carved Merschums, Ben Wades and more. Some have never had a bowl lit in them.

Although I enjoy many beverages my most recent focus has been on Bourban's with Evan Williams being my down right favorite. One can spend some good coin on expensive Bourban but I simply haven't found any I like better than a glass of ice filled 3/4's with Evan Williams and add a splash of water. Man that's good. Maple and vanilla notes with just a hint of orange - all while giving a "good bite" on the tongue. Next best would be either Jim Beam Black or even a Tennesee - Gentleman Jack.

Music tastes are pretty varied but sax and guitar are probably my favorites on the Legend KLF's. 3rd Force, Mindy Abair, Govi, etc.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys hope all is well. Just wanted to add my opinion of a new bottle I added to my collection. Jameson Gold Reserve here is the tasting notes from Jameson's webpage.

Tasting characteristics

NOSE - Fragrant wood, rich pot still with a touch of sherry sweetness.

TASTE - All the creaminess and honey sweetness come together to create a taste sensation of spicy character.

FINISH - A very long finish with a pleasantly peppery finale.

My impression is with just couple cubes of ice how smooth and mellow this whiskey is. Some friends and I compared it to a mellow smoke like a a Macanudo Vintage or a cafe. Great whiskey, I had mine with my favorite Tres Hermonos (cigar factory of new orleans) a bold favor that for me paired great with such a smooth whiskey.