What type of music ro you listen to?

molonlaveh

My favorite is anything stringed or any type of drums works for me.

Actually, this is the most revealing music for your setup, IMHO. Cornwalls are fairly well time aligned but drum tracks will show up time misalignment of the Cornwall midrange-to-tweeter and any slew rate limitations of your amplifier.

You can correct for time misalignment of the Cornwall tweeters by mounting them on small baffles on top the cabinets and moving them toward the back of the box so that the midrange compression driver in aligned within about 1/4 inch with the tweeter's compression driver, i.e., where the drivers connect to their horns. The stereo image depth and width will expand dramatically when you do this.

You can also hear amplifer slew rate issues with strings: solo violin or string orchestras sound steely and unnatural if you have issues here. Good amplifiers sound much better: some people use class A tube or SS amps to really bring out strings, etc.

Chris

You can correct for time misalignment of the Cornwall tweeters by mounting them on small baffles on top the cabinets and moving them toward the back of the box so that the midrange compression driver in aligned within about 1/4 inch with the tweeter's compression driver, i.e., where the drivers connect to their horns. The stereo image depth and width will expand dramatically when you do this.

It is startling how it comes into focus when you do this.

I listen to all genres, but I don't personally don't listen at high levels. If I did, I would change crossovers, which is a whole other story and long thread.

Bruce

EDIT: Ok thought of one, anything from Yoko Ono...

A buddy of mine had given me a master tape of a Plastic Ono Band show from '70 or '71. Just as Lennon & Clapton started in on a searing guitar workout, Yoko felt she should chime in with some vocal wailing that I could only describe as that of a scalded cat. I basically high hurdled my coffee table to hit the stop button on my tape deck. [:@] I think I pulled a hamstring on that move.

haa i remember that lol

check this song out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKyT-Mtlfck

it was the first song i ever listened to through my cornwalls when i tested them out at the guys house who was selling them. it was the most epic listening experience ever, it sounded HUGEEE, i was like whoaa, n i was sold on the cornwalls. its a song by sigur ros called "svefn-G-englar" from their live album/dvd "inni"

haa i remember that lol

check this song out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKyT-Mtlfck

it was the first song i ever listened to through my cornwalls when i tested them out at the guys house who was selling them. it was the most epic listening experience ever, it sounded HUGEEE, i was like whoaa, n i was sold on the cornwalls. its a song by sigur ros called "svefn-G-englar" from their live album/dvd "inni"