Heresey III's to La Scala's

Mossy bottom

Hello,

Brand new to the forum. I hope my rambling is coherant...A brief history.

I've been a Klipsch owner for 30+ years. I started out with Heresy's then added Cornwalls.

Eventually there was a career/ marriage/kids/divorce/marriage/retirement/work, and I got rid of my speakers somewhere along the way.

Now here I am.

I found Vinyl, I put a music room together, and went looking for speakers.

I auditioned many but I longed for that Klipsch sound.

Went to the website, and I was so pleased the Heritage line was still around.

I bought the Heresey III's hoping they were like my old Heresy's. Holy cow!! I was blown away.

The Heresy III have given me musical Bliss. The sound staging is wonderful.

Now the Questions...

I have been so pleased with the way Heresy III have performed, I'm ready to upgrade.

Will the LaScala's blow away what already sounds perfect?

I'm nervous spending that amount of money with out an audition. Back in the day, I went from the Heresy's to the

Cornwalls, and they were fantastic. I can afford to go LaScala this time around.

Second Question,

Is my music room too small for La Scalas...the distance between speakers will be 10'

and I sit approximately 9' from each speaker.

Thank you for plodding through this post, I look forward to the response.

Cheers.

Second Question,
Is my music room too small for La Scalas...the distance between speakers will be 10'
and I sit approximately 9' from each speaker.
Thank you for plodding through this post, I look forward to the response.
Cheers.

Actually, what you are describing is an almost ideal near field listening arrangement. It should provide a truly amazing experience in terms of sound stage size and imaging. Also, that arrangement will allow you to use extremely low power amps (such as SETs) if desired. How large is the room itself?

Welcome to the Klipsch Forum Mossy Bottom, we're glad you're here.

Do you mean La Scala II's?

Yes, I think they (either one) will sound great. I have La Scala's (1979) and they are 11 feet apart and about 12 feet from my favorite seat. They sound amazing and I've never thought about upgrading to a "better" speaker. There is nothing like Horn Loaded bass, your jaw will drop!

Keep us posted and again, we're glad you're here,

Dennie

Thanks for responding. My music room is 14' wide 13' deep. I'm glad to hear that this room is large enough for the La Scala II's. I was afraid it was too small. Eventually I'll be pestering you on a tube power! Cheers

In all honesty, that sounds small to me, btu I do nto have La Scala II's. Hopefully someone else will chime in. I am thinking current series Heresy or Cornwall in a room that size.

I would be tempted to stay with the HIIIs. My LS sound better to me when I'm fr enough back for the sound from the three drivers to integrate more fully. My room is 13 x 18 or so. They are on the short wall, not quite in the corners. I you can have them away from the back wal a couple of feet, I found the imaging is also much better.

Bruce

My Heresy 1's don't in any way compare to my LS 1's. It's likely pronounced because of my room size (18x33). You might not feel the same in a smaller room? But still, there is something that happens to the mid range with the deeper squaker. It has a smoothness in the mid range that nothing else lower in the chain has.

Like you, I went from Heresies to Cornwalls to La Scalas. My current listening room is only 12 x 10. The 'Scalas have an incredible soundstage and fluid mid-range.

Thanks for responding.

My music room is 14' wide 13' deep.
I'm glad to hear that this room is large enough for the La Scala II's.
I was afraid it was too small.

Eventually I'll be pestering you on a tube power!
Cheers

Bruce: very inexpensive to try a two way out like I described to you .Peavevy CH-1 with a crossover to compensate for the CD horn. Intigrates in a far shorter distance. A bit of a DIY project but possible without a lot of work. You can find out if this will spin your crank for very little money. I found a pair of horns witrh crossovers and drivers for $50.00 each but they were too far away given I don't have a car. I am in a smaller market area so they don't come up all that often but they do surface from time to time. The OP might consider a big horn two way approach. Works for me. Three way Heritage are a non starter for me now that I have heard a two way with a larger horn. Hope this is of interest. Best regards Moray James.

Bruce: very inexpensive to try a two way out like I described to you .Peavevy CH-1 with a crossover to compensate for the CD horn. Intigrates in a far shorter distance. A bit of a DIY project but possible without a lot of work. You can find out if this will spin your crank for very little money. I found a pair of horns witrh crossovers and drivers for $50.00 each but they were too far away given I don't have a car. I am in a smaller market area so they don't come up all that often but they do surface from time to time. The OP might consider a big horn two way approach. Works for me. Three way Heritage are a non starter for me now that I have heard a two way with a larger horn. Hope this is of interest. Best regards Moray James.

Are you talking about Jubilleeess

I would like to hear a K402. I dont want go with the Jubilee horn as there are too many folds in it. I am constricted by room size so straight horns are not an option. I like the folding arranement of the La Scalla /Belle FH-1 as they is only one 90 degree bend and this is the best compromise I can find so far. I have a pair of SP1 cabinets which are essentially the FH-1 and I plan on playing with them to see what I can do with them. These will extend low enought to reach powered subs

The Peavey CH-1 is a good size bi radial horn with a one inch exit driver. size is 28.5" W x 14.25" H x 18" D. I would also like to try an EV HR6040 and possibly an EV HR9040. Best regards Moray James.