Internet Service

kde

What are normal rates for broadband service? I am paying Roadrunner $54 / month for ~10mbps. This seems pretty high. I started to compare rates when I inquired about increasing my download speed for streaming movies, etc.

$25, 20mbps down with 3mpbs up from charter

talk to timewarners customer retention, the normal people you speak to first have no ability to change your bill, typcally customer retention have the ability to offer their customers good pricing if they think your unhappy or leaving, I'm pretty straight forward when I call for lower rates

I don't think Charter is available in our area. I need to have an alternative prior to calling Time Warner, right? I can't threaten to walk away unless I am ready to walk away. I'm starting to look for alternatives however AT&T only has DSL in our area (tried to bundle with Directv service). Wanting something faster (movies, work, iPhones, iPads, etc).

dsl wont compete with time warner in terms of speed/price, you don't need an immediate alternative before calling, simply call and request customer retention as you are unhappy, if they dont lower the price with ease I would be suprised, I had time warner in a different location prior to charter

My brother in law runs a radio based ISP out here in the boonies and I host one of his relay towers on my property. so my internet is free. we don't get much more than 10mbps down and it's always been more than enough for streaming netflix, movie downloads, etc.

Are you sure you haven't been flagged as a heavy traffic user and therefore throttled? I do recall experiencing that several times as a TWC/Roadrunner customer. [6]

We live in the sticks and DSL is not offered or anything else for that matter, so we bought an air card from Verizon. The service on it is $68 a month for 3G service. 4G is offered in our area but we use alot of data and on our 3G plan it is unlimited so for now we are stuck with what we have until something better comes along.