Like-New Klipsch RF-7II 5.0 (no woofer) System $2,295!!

AudioAddicted

Hey all,

I have been Googling like a champ for a long time now, and just ran across something that seems to be pretty spectacular on Ebay. It is a seller with nearly 200 ratings with 100% positive reviews, that is selling a Klipsch RF-7II system for around $2,000, which is RIDICULOUS. I wanted to let everyone know about it primarily, but also, gather some thoughts just for curiosity's sake. Although this seems to good to be true, is this something that I should look into (I mean, $2,000 is comparitively NOTHING - I could simply use a credit card for that and pay it off in a few months at most)...?

PS: Although it would be a pretty jerky thing to do but I know I can't stop anyone from doing this, I'd also like to ask no one buy this system at least for a couple business days PLEASE - just out of Forum community kindness :) I don't like the Cherry wood at all, but a $6,000 system for $2,000!?!? Yeah, I don't mind THAT MUCH, I can paint!

*Please share any thoughts you have, THANKS! All I need to do is buy a sub - any recommendations are more than welcomed for a powerful subwoofer without breaking the whole idea of a lot of sound for a little $

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS: Although it would be a pretty jerky thing to do but I know I can't stop anyone from doing this, I'd also like to ask no one buy this system at least for a couple business days PLEASE - just out of Forum community kindness :)

ok ok I promise I won't buy it [:(]

Would $2,300 shipped be an amazing find, or only sort of good (he said retail $6,500)?

1500.00 would be more in line for all 5 pieces depending on condition. Freight would probably be the deal breaker.

Maybe others will chime in on current values........

If you're ready to spend that much money, it might be time to look into Heritage Series speakers. No more trading up after that, but there are possible upgrades... DevilStick out tongue

I can't devote any more than $3,000 toward the 5.1 system in total, because I also need a new receiver with the power and featured to drive them and offer the bluray clarity desired... as well as the new 3D HDTV.

The RF-82 looks like the best 5.1 system I can do buying new from an Authorized Retailer at a great price.

I can't devote any more than $3,000 toward the 5.1 system in total, because I also need a new receiver with the power and featured to drive them and offer the bluray clarity desired... as well as the new 3D HDTV.

The RF-82 looks like the best 5.1 system I can do buying new from an Authorized Retailer at a great price.

I got the system in my sig for $3135 (minus the AVR) and got quoted the same system with the SW-112 for a little less than $3000. I got it local, but I'm fairly certain you can find at least as good or better of a price if you shop around. So if you don't go with the RB-81 IIs for the rear, that should knock another big chunk of money off. I don't remember how much they were exactly tho, probably around $600 to $650 or so for the pair...

i scored, for $2200, 2 rf-7's, 1 rc-7, 4 rs-7 and a RSW-15. I sold the rsw-15 for $750 and 1 pair of the rs-7 for $400.

If buying used, right off the bat almost 25-50% of the value is already gone. You can have an awesome system for 3,000, and you might even be able to sneak a power amp into the mix.

Call Mike at acoustic sound design, heard that guy can rip a hell of a deal on packages over the phone. might be a worthy phone call if you wanted new new stuff w/ warranty

I've already talked with Mike Embers, seemed like a really good guy! He worked out an awesome deal for me on another speaker system from Klipsch - but things are on hold right now, thanks though!