Need a new receiver

roaddog359

• Moderators

Do you know if I order one does it come with the latest software or do they all need to be updated when you get it?

Mine came with the latest FW version (which was the next to the last version). I have not updated my FW to the latest FW.

Do you know if I order one does it come with the latest software or do they all need to be updated when you get it?

I read on the Emotiva boards that the new UMC-1's from Emotiva come with the latest firmware installed.A quick call to them can confirm that.

Tech Support apologized on the phone to me and said the UMC-1 should have been fully upgraded out of the box. The handshake has improved so far, though I have only tried it a few times, switching my sources back and forth from stereo to dolby and dolby to trueHD. And the xbox always boots up now on the first try. Overall, it just feels more solid. Its pretty quick, but still doesn't seem as quick as what I had. As far as the sound being upgraded from your specific model, I have no idea. It was a pretty big difference for me though, I previously had a VSX-1018-AHK from Pioneer. It was 499 about 3 years ago I believe if that gives any indication as to the quality. The guy I talked to at Emotiva apologized for my troubles because he said it should have been fully upgraded and ready to go out of the box. Really though, the upgrade wasn't bad at all once I got the newest versions of the updater and the firmware itself.

And to clear something up you were talking about earlier, they do have a 30 day money back guarantee.

You have 30 days to return it if you don't like it also, so it can't hurt. Let us know what you think if/when you do get it!

I dont think that is true for their sale items. It clearly says "All sales final" and nothing about 30 day return. So I think that is out.

I'd probably try it out too if I already had amps...$500 is a sweet price.

Yeah, and if I don't like it I can always blame my old pal Youthman, after all he can't always be right with his advise to me! LOL ;) Just kidding youthman!!!!! He has not steered me wrong yet.

Order complete and a cmx-6 also. That xmc-1 looks like it will be sick! I here a June or July release date can anyone confirm that? If its as good as it sounds like it is going to be I will be upgrading to that and sell the umc-1 or move it somewhere else. Thanks for dealing with me guys! Now you will only have to deal with the many set up questions I am going to have for sure with this unit.

What kind of 3.5mm cables do I need to use the switched outlets? Are they stereo or mono cables?

• Moderators

Yeah, and if I don't like it I can always blame my old pal Youthman

Anyone know how to change their screename in case this deal doesn't work out? [:P]

Congrats on the purchase. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

after all he can't always be right with his advise to me!

If you don't like it, you know I'm going to quote this. [:D]

• Moderators

Not positive but I think that is the same as a headphone jack. I think that's what I used for my wife's computer, to connect to the back of her receiver in her sewing room, it was 3.5mm to L&R RCA jacks. This way she can listen to internet radio. Something like this, cheap as dirt also. [Y]

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021802&p_id=644&seq=1&format=2

• Moderators

If you are referring to the 12v trigger, it should be a mono cable. No need for it to be stereo since it is only sending a very small voltage to tell the amp to turn on. My amp trigger connection takes bare wire (screw in type) so jhoak sent me one that he had and cut off the tip and spliced the wires since one wire inside was positive and the other is negative. If your amp has a 3.5mm trigger connection, you will need something like this.