RIP Donna Summer

jhoak

Jeff, I just heard this myself. I was in love with her in the 70's as a youngster. I have her classic double LP "Bad Girls", and I'll be playing it tomorrow. RIP to the Queen Of Disco...

• Moderators

I remember her but disco and rap is/was out of the ? Long Live Rock!

I agree, but it's hard to forget what came out of some of those clubs playing disco, on 2 legs. [:P]

RIP to the Queen of Disco. I saw her not long ago in Atlantic City. Her performance was great and voice just like it was. What surprised me, and what the press has picked up, is that her career kept moving forward after disco faded. She really kept moving forward.

RIP Donna!

I am also old enough to remember her music well. Though, I don't really listen to it much.

Rap is not music by any standard!

RIP

Hate to say it but I am definitely old enough to remember her music well, I would still take disco over rap any day.

I have been listening to the albums (3), I have of her agian this last week. I must admit I haven't done that for a very long time. I think I bought the records back then because she was just soo Hot! I come away now with a feeling that I missed or dis-missed quite a lot. [:(]

Disco is not a style of music that I want to spend a lot of time with, however Donna Summer is a lot more than just disco IMHO. A definate show tune influance.

"I Feel Love" , last song on the "I Remember Yesturday" album is well recorded and can give the speaks a bit of a workout with some dB's. It has a thread of Techno/house sound to it years ahead (1977). And looking back on it all, what was the trouble with going to a place with a lot of hot chicks that wanted to dance?.... (I guess it was the music!)