Little Off topic but I had to do it

NOSValves

Oh my gawd -- what the hell is it?

Geez man, you're actually touching it ~

Awesome catch.

So, you gonna eat it or mount itSmile.gif

This reminds me:

http://users3.ev1.net/~jtclay/fishin.htm

Don't forget to turn the sound up -- there is audio with this one.

------------------

Deanf>s>

Cary AE-25f>s>SuperAmpf>s> - Sonic Frontiers Line 1 - Sony DVP-S9000ES - Klipsch RF7's

SVS 20-39 CS Plus - Samson S1000 - HSU Research elec. crossover - MIT/Monsters

f>s>

Inside every small problem is a large problem struggling to get outf>c>s>-- 2nd Law of Blissful Ignorancef>s>c>

This message has been edited by deang on 06-01-2002 at 09:46 PM

Great Bait!!

I would have killed to have that little bugger when I was fishing for pike up north!

AKA - Nice catch.

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

Nice! I never catch anything over a poundFrown.gif

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Okay ,

I didn't mention the one that got away because it didn't !!

It weight in at 22 lb and was 42" long.

I caught it get this on a Bobber with a large sucker minnow with dual treble hooks fished in 4' of water. This technic always works for large pike in the spring up in Canada. You have to have allot of nerve though ! You let the pike swim off with the bobber for what seems like a hour and let it swallow the large minnow LOL !!!! Then when you figure he has it down set the Hook and be ready for the battle of your life !!!!!!!

I go to northern Ontario every spring and have since I was 12 years old. There's nothing like the wild country. We just drive in with my Z71 to a remote lake and go Walleye and Pike fishing, exploring and wild life watching.

This year we seen 4 Bear , 6 Moose , Porcupines , Beaver , Skunks , Foxes , 1 Linx and numerous other creatures.

everyone should see that country sometime in there life.

Craig

thanks for the info nos. i recall when i was 12 & up there around souix lookout, seeing those baby duck lures that had treble hooks hanging off the sides. i usually used the daredevil or kb spoons (big ones) for the pike but the biggest i ever landed was 10 lbs. the one that got a way must have been a monster - snapped my 20lb line before i could even release. those muskie

& pike are the great white's of fresh water. nice catch. cwm35.gif

ok dnd, we need the specs there too. that cedar park?

top speed? Smile.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Yes Boa, that's Millennium Force at Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH. And since you asked, here's some specs:

310 feet tall lift (so tall that it requires an elevator lift cable to get the train up the hill, as a chain would be too heavy).

300 foot first drop at an 80 degree angle - nearly straight down at its steepest point.

92 MPH top speed, and an average speed of over 65 MPH over the entire course, over 6500 feet long.

A SECOND hill measuring 182 feet tall - taller than many coasters.

It set 10 world records when built in 2000, it's height is eclipsed only by "Steel Dragon" in Japan, by seven feet.

My favorite aspect of the ride is it's sheer speed, and the "openness" of the cars. Once seated and going up the lift, the cars have no "sides" - so when looking left, all you see is the lake and marina, and when looking right, all you see is the park. If you are not in the front seat, you can't see the track either, since all supports on the lift are below you.

It's also smooth as butter - it's very "re-rideable", except in the rain (the first time I rode it was in the rain). Getting on it is a wait, since it sits atop the Amusement Today rankings as the number 1 rated steel coaster in the world. I've yet to ride a better steel coaster than this (although amongst enthusiasts, it's a topic of much debate).

If you ever go, wait for the front seat - it's worth the park admission price by itself. The park has 14 other coasters in its arsenal too - a coaster freak's paradise.

With respect to the amazing catch (and the hat), I have to say that this coaster takes the prize! Christ, that is insane. I saw a program on it the other day and it just looked unreal. That first drop, and the picture of the ground and cars below, gives you an idea of just how amazing this ride is. When you think of 300 Feet...and the resulting drop, your imagination can barely comprehend.

I love coasters but have never made this great Ohio park. Although the front car has the best view, the wildest wide by far is the REAR car when the forces are on another level. I prefer to do both but for sheer thrills in pyrotechnics, the LAST SEAT is the ticket. The first seat feels as if you are being pushed and the whip-like affect is absent.

Still, the view from this particular coaster would be epic as you take that first drop.

Ditto the great point about the open quality of the cars...as well as ONLY A LAP BAR! This makes that back seat feel like you are going to LEAVE THE CONFINES of EARTH-ONE!

kh

Mobile -

Good to see you back here! You are a great asset to the forum, and are responsible for peaking my interest in tubes (got to hear edster00's setup in April, and was totally impressed).

I am usually a "back seat" rider as well, but not always. Every coaster has that ideal seat - and for Millennium Force, that's the front. I've been in the back on this coaster, and while the first drop is great from there, that's as far as it goes. The front seat has that marvelous view, and incredible sustained "airtime" over those huge hillsSmile.gif It's like riding on the nose of a rocket!

"Magnum XL-200", Cedar Point's 205 ft behemoth on the other side of the park, is also a ride where back is not necessarily the best. The true "heart stopper" seat is the third row in the front car. There's a series of "bunny hills" on the return run back to the station - and when seated in the third row, you'll get so much air that your legs hit the bar - what is referred to as "ejector air". And if the trim brakes don't catch halfway through the ride, the intensity of that air is beyond belief.

Hopefully you can make it to the Ohio region for coastering! It's a hotbed of coaster bliss - Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania are chocked full of great parks and coasters - truly world class.

once on a cruise to alaska my uncle and his wife both caught a fish. not sure what kind it was, but each were about the size of a double mattress to a full size one. they are edible, but i think they left most of the fish in alaska because of one reason or another... got an idea of what it was? caught if off the cruise ship's fishing boat...

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>