New vs refurbished

Scrappydue

As the title states I have been eyeballing the onkyo pr-sc5508 for some time. They retail for 2200 and I have been offered a new one not sure wether it's from an authorized dealer but new at 1900 shipped to my door. Accesories 4 less is an authorized refurbished dealer. They are doing 1450 shipped and only has half the warranty of a new one but you can buy an extended warranty for 65 bucks to make it match a factory or for 80'can have a three year warranty. What's everyone's opinion on refurbs??

I have never had a problem with a refurb anything. To me, it would be a no brainer, especially considering a4l is an authorized dealer and you are unsure of the other. Out of curiosity, what is it you are looking to get out of this that the 805 can't deliver?

First off, A4L is an awesome merchant to deal with. Good thing about refurbs is that an authorized tech has gone through the gear and repairs problem if they exist and signs off that the item meets factory specs before it is resold. Many on this forum have bought refurbs and have had years of problem free enjoyment.

Bill

Have purchased my Monitor 60's and CS2 both from the manufacturer as refurbished. Zero issues. Like new condition. Great value. Also just bought a Nikon D700 (full frame) camera body as a manufacturer's refurbished unit. Been waiting 2 years for this camera and it has been stellar thus far. Not sure what credit cards you use, however mine automatically includes warranties on items purchased with it. Might check into that.

I'm personally really iffy when it comes to refurbed electronics, but that's just me...I'd say get the extended warranty for the extra cash for peace of mind. That's not a bad price on a warranty for something that costs that much. Oooorrrr shop around more for a new one as I bet you can find a better price than what you posted.

I'm not iffy at all on acces4less.I have bought from them for years, all items came with plastic still on the display and were spotless, even though they say may have imperfections.40 to 60 % off on an item that looks and operates like new with warranty is kind of a no brainer.

As the title states I have been eyeballing the onkyo pr-sc5508 for some time.

You may have seen This already at Agon but is was pending and waiting on a payment. Looks like it is available again. Great price for a NIB unit.

Good luck!

I seen that one for some time now. Wondering if buying from someone or even a business on a site like Audiogon would really yield the warranty? I see it says invoice provided but is he a business? Seems like a private seller and if that is the case I can't find anything about onkyo warranty being transferable.