Cornwall to Cornscala?

Guest David H

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob,

Is that what I think it is a center channel to match. If so how does it sound with the Cornscala set up. I was dreaming of something like that to day. Maybe someday, I will give it a try. Just wonder what it would take to use a k600/k55, k77 combo instead.

Dave and Bob you both do great work. Davr I take it you will be painting to match the baffle.

Bob,
Is that what I think it is a center channel to match. If so how does it sound with the Cornscala set up. I was dreaming of something like that to day. Maybe someday, I will give it a try. Just wonder what it would take to use a k600/k55, k77 combo instead.
Dave and Bob you both do great work. Davr I take it you will be painting to match the baffle.

I think the center works quite well. I wanted to voice it as close to a match with Heritage Klipsch speakers as I could. When I got the design worked out and got the sound I thought I wanted, I built a second one and spent a lot of time listening to them as a stereo pair and in comparison with a bunch of other speakers.

I think you could build a decent center using the K-55/K-600/K-77 and a couple of good 8 inch woofers. Would be a pretty busy little cabinet. But, I think the tractrix horn I used has some advantages over that combination. Ready availability would be one advantage.

Bob Crites

Guest David H

I take it you will be painting to match the baffle.

I will be painting the horns black, the grey is only the primer.

I will also be re-painting the baffles, and toucing up the rest of the cabs.

Dave

Guest David H

Is there a specific reason for that woofer.

Yes, it is a suitable replacement for the K-33 and the buyer prefers them.

Dave

The Cornscala are mine. I’ve used the 15C with great results... The massive magnet really adds to the bass slam IMHO. The Cornwall cabinet has much more WAF than my big Cornscala’s did. Ive owned a similar setup with the HF200 and Eliptrac and loved it… I’m sure the B&C won’t disappoint. If Dave has some measurements maybe he can put up. I will say, it’s nice to know it will sound and measure great.I pick these bad boys up this sat night... can’t wait to hear.

Those look amazing.

How much work do you think it would be to make the seam around the eliptrac dissapear. I think it would be worth it.

This is where you go from a good speaker to a great speaker. Using canned crossovers can only get you so far. Depending on your tastes, the drivers and the room, you can play with the crossover for a very long time. Is it worth it? If you want to squeeze that last 10-15% out of your investment, it is absolutely necessary.