Klipschorns arrive

Pycckbi05

Okay. First picture. It won't be easy to get them both in one image as the room is over 20 feet long. Speakers are unpacked and almost in position. Will have to relocate the power point so that I can push this one fully into the corner. Boy are these things heavy - I'm just glad they come in two pieces and I have a trolley and friends to use to move them. Now what to do with the yard high pile of bubble wrap they came in?

First impressions? These things are so big and loud! My mates and I didn't have time to connect everything properly before the urge to drink a few celebratory wines while we listened took over. But after hearing my only 2 SACDs (Avalon and Tumbleweed Connection) I can say the wait and hassles of organising transport half-way around the world is well worth the trouble. The piano on Tumbleweed connection just sounds awesome.

post-55010-1381973910998_thumb.jpg

post-55010-1381976977588_thumb.jpg

post-55010-13819796883696_thumb.jpg

Okay. First picture. It won't be easy to get them both in one image as the room is over 20 feet long. Speakers are unpacked and almost in position. Will have to relocate the power point so that I can push this one fully into the corner. Boy are these things heavy - I'm just glad they come in two pieces and I have a trolley and friends to use to move them. Now what to do with the yard high pile of bubble wrap they came in?

First impressions? These things are so big and loud! My mates and I didn't have time to connect everything properly before the urge to drink a few celebratory wines while we listened took over. But after hearing my only 2 SACDs (Avalon and Tumbleweed Connection) I can say the wait and hassles of organising transport half-way around the world is well worth the trouble. The piano on Tumbleweed connection just sounds awesome.

Beautiful!!! blue.gif

Dennie

I'm hoping the fact that the tops had the badges on different sides indicates left and right! At least there are 2 sets of labels that allowed me to match a top to a bottom.

Can't hardly wait to see what the other one looks like . . . Waiting to see which side the badge on the grill will be on! :-). Also, glad the K-horns are labeled by number . . . There is paint by numbers and reassemble K-horns by number . . . The painting may be easier. A beautiful K-horn you have there . . . What color is the other one? ;-)

You mean Klipsch can't tell the difference between left and right speakers just by looking at the PWK badge placement?

WOW!!! 12 weeks and shipped all that way. Very cool. Check the boxes closely because one should say "Left" on it, otherwise the seller shipped you two Right Channel speakers.

You mean Klipsch can't tell the difference between left and right speakers just by looking at the PWK badge placement?

Oh, Klipsch can tell, but the layman must be given the decoder ring by Miss Valerie herself.