I have to share my deal with other Klipsch freaks!

jphilbeck

So long story short I had a complete RF-35 surround system that I loved and bought for a steal.....I later passed that on to a forum member as any lover of Klipsch would do! Anyway, the reason I did was because of the deal I got. I bought 2 RF-7's, 1 RC-7, and 2 RS-7's for $700! Great deal that I could not pass up! They are in good shape except the RC-7 because there are indentions in the two speakers but I plan on contacting Klipsch to get replacements. I have been so excited that I have to share. Getting ready to upgrade my receiver from a Denon AVR-1911 to a Denon AVR-3312 this week just to push them. They sound great already but I know the 3312 will give them more and also give me the option to add an amp. You should have seen me (5' 9" 165lbs) getting those RF-7's into my condo!!!!

I will try to get some pics up. Sad thing is these speakers are overkill for my condo but I don't care....they just sound so great. Plus I am very limited on speaker placement and such due to how the room was built. Probably one of the best deals I have gotten in a little while. Of course I did get my Denon BDP-2012ci Blu-Ray player brand new in the box for $250.00. Cheapest you can get one on the internet is $799.00 and list is $899.00. I have a way of finding great deals occasionally but this one makes me smile! I definitely will look at the XPA-5.

If you paid full price for everything, I would say it was overkill. For the deal you got though, I don't think the term overkill applies here :P

My RF-83's sounded great hooked up to my 110x7 mid-range AVR, they sounded great, but it was no comparison to when I hooked them up to my XPA-5. There is a very slight hum from the speakers, but is only audible with my ear up to the tweeter. I also live in a fairly noisy house though. If you got a HT room that is dead quiet, it has the potential to be annoying. They do have a very good return policy though and fantastic customer service. I highly suggest giving Emotiva XPA-5 a shot, there is nothing to lose and they offer free shipping.

You should have seen me (5' 9" 165lbs) getting those RF-7's into my condo!!!!

I don't see the problem... I moved my LaScalas up steps and into my house all by myself, and I'm 5'8 and 150lbs. [*-)]

Great deal! I would love to hear some someday.

Bruce

By the way ivanhurd, I love that your system in your signature is just what it is......nice, short, and badass. I would love the 4311 but don't want to put that kind of money into it. I figure the 4310 because I don't need Airplay (I stream everything through my Apple TV). Honestly, the 1911 sounds good but I want more and the simple fact that I spent all of my 20's on the road as a professional musician I love pure and clear sound.

And a 40" TV is dwarfed by them. The TV cabinet is built in so I am limited on what I can do since I rent the condo. Placement sucks as well as you can see I take up a lot of my entrance with the RF-7 but I don't have many visitors so I just enjoy the sound. Also, ignore the wires so far as I am going to run them clean as soon as I get stands for the rear. I may move the mains out as far as I can on each side.

• Moderators

Placement sucks as well as you can see I take up a lot of my entrance with the RF-7 but I don't have many visitors so I just enjoy the sound.

You picked up an incredible system at an incredible price. Reality is you will probably not live in the condo and when you move out to a larger place, you will enjoy them even more once you can spread them out a bit. Those speakers could outlive you so look at it as a great investment.

People sometimes give me a hard time for spending so much on speakers etc... What they fail to realize is if I bought cheap products, I would not be as happy with the quality, they would not last me for the rest of my life, and I would have much worse upgradeitus than I do now. Speakers truly are an investment and even something that can be passed down. There have been quite a few posts here of people who have gotten their dad's/grandpa's old khorns and didn't even realize what they had. When they found out though, they sure were happy!

Sure your placement isn't as good as it should be, but you got a great deal on some great speakers you will be enjoying for a very long time hopefully. While not quite in the same boat as you, I have all my stuff in my bedroom. I bought what I wanted with no consideration for space because eventually I do plan on having a dedicated HT room where I move next, which is hopefully soon.

• Moderators

People sometimes give me a hard time for spending so much on speakers etc...

Truth is...you will spend lots of money on whatever you are passionate about. (ex. Fishing, Golf, Photography, Cars etc). They all cost money and if you really enjoy it, it will cost lots of money. LOL

if I bought cheap products, I would not be as happy with the quality, they would not last me for the rest of my life, and I would have much worse upgradeitus than I do now.

You learned that lesson probably much quicker than I did. I tend to buy in the middle. If I buy the cheapest, it likely will break or I will not be as satisfied with it, sell it, lose money and end up buying what I wanted to begin with. If I buy the most expensive, I waste money. So I shoot for something in the middle. Not the best, but not the bottom end and I typically end up very satisfied.

Speakers truly are an investment and even something that can be passed down.

I bought my (at the time 11yr old son) a pair of RF-7's in almost mint shape off Craigslist. I told them when he moves out, the speakers stay here....but what he doesn't realize, they will likely be moving out with him as a gift from me.