So we got robbed

bigdaddy

This sucks, hope all is well. I don't think there is any way to stop anyone from taking what they want. Best bet is hope to not be home when this kind of thing happens.

i think there would be a larger rate of failure if i AM home when this kind of thing happens. Living where I do, the understanding is that I will have to resolve any issues that arise in the amount of time it will take law enforcement to show up.

I am very sorry that you are dealing with this. Like many have said, nothing can stop this 100%, but every ounce of deterrence helps.

The pictures are the hard part to get over for me. I lost pictures due to a hard drive crash once. I now have backups and send burned CDs to my mother so we have them in multiple locations.

Did your computer have any type of security device installed you may not have known about? There are apps for tablets as well that can run in the background and respond over the internet that will let you know where they are at, you didn't by chance install something like that?

With the mattress slashing, it sounds like someone had something personal against you. Usually I think they would just take the stuff and leave. Hopefully these people get caught and pay. If someone does something like that and gets away with it, I have a hard time imagining they won't be doing it again in the future to someone else. Good luck and keep the family safe!

The tablet only had a system that when connected to the internet it will become a boat anchor. It is not traceable. No GPS capability. We had backed up all of our pictures. They were on the portable hard drive that we had stolen as well. So we will start backing up where it is all online. We did find quite a few still on the cards in the cameras. We had almost all of the serial #s so we are good for the Insurance.

I think the little bastards vandalized the crap just because they thought it funny. They broke my dresser drawers as well. Neither was anything grand but it was mine. I have an apt for a security company to come set us up and I will be installing cameras in the back. Front I'm not so worried about. Too visible. All in all we are lucky we had replacement insurance and no one was hurt. Thanks for all of your kind words. You guys are great.

An alarm is a great idea , I got robbed also a few years ago even caught it on video since I had a couple cams and a DVR but they never did find the 2 guys .

Also make sure you get a cell backup incase they cut your phone wires I had that happen at my shop .

• 2 weeks later...

I have an apt for a security company to come set us up and I will be installing cameras in the back. Front I'm not so worried about. Too visible.

Don't count on that. Our local TV station showed a security video of a guy stealing a small (8-foot?) boat from a boat shop at night. It was on a busy highway and you could see lots of cars passing in the background while the guy walked around the corner with the boat over his head.

Some thieves are just that brazen. Some will pull up in your driveway in the middle of the day and clean out your house. Passersby usually assume the thieves are movers doing their job.

At work we use these camera's that connect to a computer, which are motion activated. on motion it takes 6 pics and send it to am email address. on more motion 6 more, and so on and on and on.

It also has night vision to find out which dogs are pooping on your lawn....

First, my Klipsch are fine, they did not take them. Probably didn't want to pick the heavy bastards up and carry them. But the @$$holes got My 57 inch Mitsubishi a

50" Samsung, a 27 inch Vizio, LG Blu Ray, Ipod dock and Ipod, My Dell Computer, My wifes Tablet And a Sony Dig Camera. Then just for fun they vandalized the dressers in my bedroom and slashed my mattress. All told about 6 grand to replace it all. I am just pissed. We will have a security system in place by weekend. I did have replacement insurance so my deductible is all it will cost but we have lost most of our pictures of our Kids and they cannot be replaced. My wife is a little upset about that(to say the least). I have a suspicion about who did it, but I can't prove it nor can I do anything other than be more vigilant and protect myself and my family as well as possible. That was all I just wanted to vent a little.

If you have some suspicion on who did it let the investigating officer or the detective that should be assigned to your case know. And let the investigation run its course! Did they take any photos and check for any prints since you have a possible suspect? Any Physical evidence left behind? I love catching those bastards. Remember criminals are not the smartest people, thats why they are criminals and dont work for what they want and just steal it!