sound bar vs bose

leone7011

• Moderators

I don't have a answer, probably for the same reason others couldn't answer, I don't have one and have no intentions of getting one.

Many here have at least 2 mains, but most have something between 5.1- 9.2, which is why I would guess you never got an answer, also everyone thinks bose is extremely overpriced for the sound you get........to put it nicely.

• Moderators

I don't have one and have no intentions of getting one.

You should try one. You might find it will give you some larger, more dynamic sound in your living room.

BeerBeer

Can't, the wife has a thing about big speakers. [A]

• Moderators

I running into a similiar problem in building new house but going have cabinets built into the wall for my rf-7's and rc-62 center channel and klipsch sub-12; with klipsch in ceiling surround speakers.

Don't the RF 7 have rear ports ? If so the sound could get pretty funky built in, IF it echoes ?

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone compared the klipsch sound bar to the bose sound bar?

Leone, I have listened to about 8 or 10 sound bars. When I first heard Klipsch had one, I was thrilled. After listening to it, I was, with all due respect, not so thrilled. It sounds fine--don't get me wrong--and I'm sorry I don't' recall the specifics; however, I've listened to a friend's "Boston" (2011 model that came with a sub, about $350 from Best Buy) and it sounds great! I was recently in Best Buy, and I think Boston has a new soundbar (it was new to my BB, also with a soundbar)--it was around $500, but it sounds fantastic! It's sound is much, much fuller, even with the bass down low. As far as I know, Bose only makes one soundbar, and it costs almost $1500, and as much as I hate to say this, it's the most impressive soundbar I've heard to date. I vote for the new "Boston" for the money, or even last year's model, but everyone's ears are different. Let me know if I can be of further help.

Happy hunting,

Flicker

When I bought my first set of Klipsch towers (VF-35's) I used my Polk sound bar 50 as a center while looking for the matching center.Thiswas a beast of a soundbar and actually simulated surround pretty well. It retailed around 1k but I stumbled onto it at my local audio store for 90 bux on close out.

post-53536-13819802444112_thumb.jpg

Tasdom, that's a heck of a deal--glad to hear it worked so well for you! An eight-woofer speaker--that looks awesome, too!

Scrappy, I'll have to look that one up, Man--it sounds pretty kick-***! I didn't even know B&W made one, but I have something new to play with the next time I go window shopping (thanks).