With an RF-83, RC-64, what surrounds do you suggest?

eagle98

I'm going to need some rear and side speakers with my RF-83 and RC-64.

What are some suggestions?

Would it be OK to buy some brand new RS-62 IIs or do I need the older ones?

How about RS-52s or 42s?

My room is 14'x15'x9'.

So any suggestions on what to buy for sides and rear speakers?

Thanks,

Eagle

Eagle,

Any of the mentioned speakers will work just fine with the RS-62II(6.5 inch woofers) having the "bigger" sound to go with RF-83/RC-64's "bigger" sound. The RS-52(5.25 inch woofers) is the better compromise with them not being very large in size like the RS-62II but still providing a noticeably "bigger" sound than the smaller RS-42"s(4 inch woofers). I am using a pair of RS-35's(6.5 inch woofer) with my RF-63/RC-64 combo and am very pleased with them.

Bill

I suggest you buy my RS-7s and I'll bring them with me tomorrow, one car truck load of Klipsch Reference.

I was going to suggest he buy your surrounds if you had any for sale. The RS-7's(8 inch woofer) are beasts and they sound like beasts also.[Y]

Bill

I had rs-42's and I can tell you the move the rs-62's is not hardly noticable with how small my room is and how close they are. Hopefully they will make a better impact once I get them in a bigger room. I would probably try and find a set of rs-52's and have the happy medium. Do you plan on running things with an amp or avr?

Ready to load for tomorrow but just a shot (crappy phone pic) showing that there is not much white showing when mounted at eye level with the grills off. I plan on taking them with me just so you'll have an opportunity to size the -7s for when you find black ones.

I have had the rs-42, 52 and now the rs-62ii. I have to agree

with youth and bill that the 52s are plenty. I’m not saying don’t get the 62s

but the 52s are great speakers. I really like the new style grills vs the older

style but if you plan to run the grills off I would try and get the older series

so the driver color matches you 83s.