Danley DTS10

whatever55

• 1 month later...

Found one that looks even better, since I read the Danley can be a bit of a bear to EQ...JTR Orbit Shifter LF.

Just looking at horn length alone- the DTS-10 is good down to 13 Hz (~21 feet), while the Orbit Shifter LF is good down to 20 Hz (14 feet). That's a pretty big difference if used for HT (DVDs, BDs).

I found that EQing a sub isn't any more difficult for a direct radiator or horn-loaded sub, properly placed in the corner of a room...and the performance listed above assumes corner loading. In any event, I've seen that Odyssey (the real version) in an AVR or AVP will easily handle EQing the DTS-10, even when the sub is placed in a non-corner position.

Chris

I've never heard the JTR sub but I looked at some of the specs.

Danley DTS 10 JTR LF
15Hz - 70 Hz 26Hz - 110Hz
Sensativity, 100 db (15Hz-70Hz) 97 db, 1 meter, 1.4v, 2 Ohm
Usable Output: 127 db, 133 db/Peak 133 db

Thanks to input from Chris, I'm crossing to mine at 40Hz (Danley). Actually, right now, they're not even plugged in.... currently playing with some EV drivers and needed the channels so stole them from the Danley's.

By crossing at 40, I think I elminated virtually all of the PEQ's suggested by Danley but for a single one ( -4.6db @ 29Hz)

Looks like they're both monsters (I know the Danley's are)

• 3 months later...

I have recently been hanging out with a lot of jtr guys and I have not heard the orbit shitter but they all say it falls on its face at 20 hz but from there up it is an absolute monster. So if it was for home theater I would say to look elsewhere.