Finding cool Jazz nuggets on Youtube

JL Sargent

One of my favorite hobbies is finding cool Jazz videos on Youtube. Seems I always find myself listening/watching some great recording from the early sixties. Today I found this one again by Dexter Gordon. It's his performance of "What's New" on the sax that really gets to me. This guy is awesome in this video. And the intro is priceless. Anyway, you listen and see what you think about it. John Coltraine considered this guy as an influence on his music, go figure!

I share your addiction to discovering jazz gems on YouTube. Thanks for sharing.

In fact, I lost my YouTube virginity a few years ago watching a video of a deceased jazz master (I forget who it was). That night and several since have seen hours disappear while feeding the addiction.

The link below will make it easier for others to enjoy your find.

EDIT: I don't know why the grey background on the text, more important, I don't care.

Check out the great Zoot Sims on You Tube here in a trio setting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRKgK1NLRlA

Also look for Live at San Remo, my all time favorite sax player, Zoot played with eveyone who mattered in jazz. Also check out the amazing Wes Montgomery videos here;

Live in Europe recorded for tv, some fantastic stuff. Enjoy.