Ms. Rose spent Christmas Eve and Day at the Hospital.

picky

Hello, folks: Those of you who know my mom (Ms. Rose) (93 yrs) will probably wish to know that she had a bit of a rough time this Christmas. She did not have a heart attack, but had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance on Christmas Eve morning because she was having a very difficult time breathing and she was shaking like a leaf and said she was cold. We followed the ambulance there and by the time we got to see her in the ER, they had her settled-down quite a bit. Please know that she is now doing excellent and should probably be coming home with us this afternoon! The doctors believe that it was all simply caused by her meds needing to be re-adjusted and they also discovered she had some sort of infection that is now subsiding. As compared to when they brought her in on Monday, she was looking remarkable yesterday evening as you can see in the photo as I took her for a little walk in the hospital hallway. Please don;t worry, mom is doing great and she wishes you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I'll have her down in the home theater watching her favorite video concert, 'Pick Floyd: Pulse' by this evening! I think she has "a thing" for David Gilmore. LOL Take care my friends. She's amazing! -Glenn

post-10177-1381982660485_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting. So good that you were and are able to be with your mom. I hope that the folks at the hospital can figure out what happened yesterday and set things right. Perhaps you can play your mom David Gilmore "Live at Gdansk" a great collection of tunes with some fine musicians thoug David's voice is breaking. Best wishes to you mom and to you regards Moray James

• Moderators

Glad to hear Ms Rose is doing better, sometimes different medications can do strange things, especially when combined.

Happy Holidays Picky, Mrs Picky and Ms Rose, try not to freeze up there in the great frozen north. [;)]

It's cold here today, high temp is 50. [:$]

I hope we all are doing so well at 93, we can only hope, but I unfortunately doubt it.

Thanks everyone! We were able to get Ms. Rose home last evening around 6 pm, amid the falling snow. We got about 6 inches last night and it made driving a bit "interesting". She's doing great and enjoying her morning coffee ("NOT DECAF!" she says) and the morning newspaper. She's so glad to be home. The doctor said she has no blockages in her main arteries, which at 93 tears old is incredible and believes it was an infection that did her in on Monday. The infection is now gone. Thank again everyone! -Glenn

• Moderators

Great news, one Christmas out of 93 is no big deal, well worth it for her to get better. Tough Lady, not many people get the chance to see 93 years, you can just imagine the changes Ms Rose has seen take place in her lifetime.

Great news! I simply can't imagine the life changes she's witnessed in 93 years on this rock. I'm 54 and stunned at how much our world has changed (for better and worse) in the short time I've spent walking around.

My Great Grandfather lived to be 92. He was born in 1876. He was a neighbor and friend to the Wright Brothers. He was at Kitty Hawk for some of their earliest flights. In his lifetime man went from the first powered flight to very close to landing on the moon. Had he lived another year he would have seen man walk on the moon.

I tip my glass and extend the very best wishes to Ms. Rose and to my late Great Grandfather George Delano Hoppes.

Gosh, thanks guys! Our forum breatheren is always there for us. :) Here's a little treat for you; a photo of Ms. Rose standing next to our Christmas tree on Wednesday evening just after we brought her home from the hospital. She says "Many thanks!" to all of you! God bless you all! -Glenn

post-10177-1381982675534_thumb.jpg

Glenn, I just saw this! I'm happy Ms. Rose is out of the hospital and doing well! My mother in law (who will be 92 Jan. 21) had a total knee replacement in October and is doing very well. We can learn a lot from the perseverance and experiences of the strong and beautiful ladies. Happy New Year to you all!!!

Thanks, fini. And Happy New Year to all. Here's a photo of mom (Ms. Rose) taken yesterday at our Daughter Sierra's place. Mom just gets better every day. In fact, today, she is going in for some minor tear duct surgery (outpatient) and we expect it will be no big deal. Thanks everyone for your wonderful well-wishes. -Glenn

post-10177-13819826887162_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, Ms. Rose went back into the hospital on Tuesday, January 15th for the same symptoms as on Christmas Eve. This time she was a bit more serious and is bouncing back more slowly. They believe her meds need to be modified again and her electrolytes are out of whack. She's doing much better but it'll be a few more days before they get everything just right and then they can consider releasing her to come home. -Glenn