Sell my PS3 and get an Oppo?

wuzzzer

With the other posts on the subject I've been thinking of selling my PS3 and getting an Oppo BDP-103 player. I very, very rarely play games anymore. I figure I could sell my PS3 and all my games for what the 103 costs. I don't plan on changing my TV or my receiver for a very long time, so would there be any benefit in doing this? I run HDMI to my tv and optical to my receiver. Audio from the Oppo would be connected by coaxial or optical.

Sounds like a good idea if you don't need any ps3 games or storage.The oppos are great multi players, if you can sell stuff and come out even/close may as well.I'm sure you'll appreciate the oppo features and build.

I just got mine last week. I have only watched the blu ray Rocky I, Rocky II and Rocky III on it so far though. I will be watching the new Batman Blu ray tonight though, that should give me a better idea then the 70's/80's Rocky movies haha. I will report back with my impressions.

You think you can sell a ps3 and some games for 500??? Let me know who your selling too they can have mine too if they got any other rich friends. How come you don't run sound through hdmi? You aren't taking advantage of any blu rays high def audio tracks running over optical or coaxial

You think you can sell a ps3 and some games for 500??? Let me know who your selling too they can have mine too if they got any other rich friends. How come you don't run sound through hdmi? You aren't taking advantage of any blu rays high def audio tracks running over optical or coaxial

I have a lot of games. [:)] My receiver only has optical and coaxial.

I was just going to say sell your receiver and PS3 and buy a modern receiver but that Panasonic looks like a pretty cool little unit. In all honesty, I would still sell those two units and pick up a used pioneer or Onkyo with HDMI and 130+ WPC. Something that was selling around $1,500 and is only a couple of years old will have most od the bells and whistles and can be had around $500-700. Just some thing to think about, I am sure you know 10x more about audio than I do.

The Panasonic sounds better than anything I've ever owned previously. Marantz, Emotiva, Onkyo, Sony, Rotel. Also I just realized the Panasonic has 5.1 analog inputs and the Oppo has 5/7.1 analog outputs. I think my decision may have been made...

The Panasonic sounds better than anything I've ever owned previously. Marantz, Emotiva, Onkyo, Sony, Rotel. Also I just realized the Panasonic has 5.1 analog inputs and the Oppo has 5/7.1 analog outputs. I think my decision may have been made...

While the 55 is considered good for digital at modest volume it's rep in analog is not so good. I doubt you'll get the most out of the oppo with 55.