4x THX subs

mcgonzi

I've heard it might be best to keep subs as close to the floor as possible. it will help the sound couple with the floor. i dont think i'd stack. i have a kpt684 and the best sound is not stright up. its on its side, with the Speakers facing the wall about 10 to 12 inches from the wall on the front sound stage.

Just my experience.

I doubt you will have any SPL issues with 4 Klipsch THX subs. You can measure the room but I am pretty confident 4 across the front will knock your socks off! I have heard 2 different home theaters with THX subs. One had 2 next to each other in the front of the room and it was more than enough bass. The other theater of similar size had 4 across the front. The overall sound output was so effortless and controlled. I drooled a little bit!

• Like 1

I originally had one front and one rear and could never get it to sound right, always seemed to cancel no matter what I did with phasing. The bass was louder in all the wrong areas of the room. As the room is now my RCA cables won't reach the back since components are now moved to the next room on the other side of the wall behind the screen.. For some reason I have dumb luck with stacking stuff in arrays even the center is better as twins. The room is 13w and 14 d.4 x 4 Window on back wall. 6 foot long opening on the right wall. The curtain treatment I did this weekend helped but I still need bass traps on the back wall( maybe cover the window in one.) I think for the most part audessy is the star here. If I can come across some 20 foot RCA cables I can try moving them.

Hey man, ok I had a similar problem which several of these great forum members helped me through. I also have 4 THX Kw-120s and I had them stacked and placed in front corners rear corners etc. at the end of the day I placed all 4 in a row directly under the television as seen in my last post in regards to me working on my theater room. This by far gave the most deep powerful and balanced output. When these are set up just right my god they deliver. If it is possible place all 4 in a row directly in front of the seating position. I got the idea while looking at the THX brochure in their cinema and it just delivers but of course it isnt ideal for everyone since a lot of people have entertainment units or no space for them. Hope this is an option/helps.

You one lucky SOB. Every time I added a Klipsch THX sub I had to literally think out and plan my conversation with my fiance lol. usually she is supportive of the hobby since she loves movies also but she doesnt understand y 1 THX sub wasnt enough it told her Honey look 4 all the way across looks so much better (heh dont care how they look just sound but she doesnt know that lol). I just purchased the rest of the THX Ultra 2 Setup you can imagine the detailed planning that conversation took. Prob took longer than the upcoming installation will.

I had to literally think out and plan my conversation with my fiance’ lol. usually she is supportive of the hobby since she loves movies also but she doesn’t understand y 1 THX sub wasn’t enough it told her Honey look 4 all the way across looks so much better (heh don’t care how they look just sound but she doesn’t know that lol). I just purchased the rest of the THX Ultra 2 Setup you can imagine the detailed planning that conversation took. Prob took longer than the upcoming installation will.

Get all your gear now, wives seem to think they have more voice in things, lol.