• 2 weeks later...

I saw this forum thread and emailed it to my buddy who lives in
Cleveland. He picked up the speakers today. They were actually built
in 1989 per the serial numbers. They are oiled walnut and in mint
condition. Here's a picture of them loaded in my friends Mini Cooper
for the 2 block ride to their new home.

post-25832-1381983082128_thumb.jpg

So how badly did I get taken?

I knew they were worth more, but with the cost of shipping to somewhere further away,

I hoped I wasn't getting totally taken.

Oh well, they weren't being used, and now somebody will enjoy them.

Let me know.

I haven't seen a pair of any version of Forte sell for anywhere near $700 for a long time! I bought my near mint Forte IIs for $275 about 6 years ago and I purchased a near mint pair of Walnut Forte Is for $375 about 3 years ago.

• Moderators

It also comes down to location and what someone is willing to pay. As stated, no one gets ripped if you willingly sell them for a certain price and the buyer doesn't get ripped if they are willing to pay that price. Everyone needs to do their own homework to see what something "typically" sells for. A seller is able to list however much they want to ask for and if a buyer is willing to pay the asking price, then it's worth that price to them.

The Forte's are surely "worth" $700 as they are fantastic speakers. They just "typically" don't pull that much in today's economy.

In this case, both parties involved should be very satisfied with the transaction.

My bad...from reading the posts, I thought people were saying that I was naive...must have misunderstood... I am happy that someone who can/will enjoy them has them now...I am obviously new to selling on the internet. I apologize for any statements that were out of line.

• Moderators

I apologize for any statements that were out of line.

No appologies necessary. Nothing has been said that was considered out of line. The buyer now has a sweet set of speakers, and you have some needed cash plus you didn't have to ship them. Sounds like a win/win to me.

My bad...from reading the posts, I thought people were saying that I was naive...must have misunderstood... I am happy that someone who can/will enjoy them has them now...I am obviously new to selling on the internet. I apologize for any statements that were out of line.

My reference to "The Italian Job" had nothing to do with the price of the sale of any sort. It was simply in regards to the Mini Cooper. I apologize if it was taken the wrong way or made you think you were taken. Congrats on the sale!