FOR SALE Mcintosh MC-252 and C-45 SOLD

bizzle2525

Preston Tom and Dean G are you guys serious......this kid is a newer member who loves gear and you are treating him like crap...so what if he references his ebay listings here....he's trying to offer them to the community is all....go to the auctions and do the homework....pull the sticks out and relax...some here feel like this is some sacred special club or something i think. Give advise, offer suggestions....treat each other with dignity no matter how many posts you have. I met this guy today and he's a good level headed kid with a nice family and loves horn loudspeakers....lighten up. By the way dealing with him on purchase of his Cornscalas was one of the best purchasing experiences I have had with any individual....Dean G if you want to know if an item is sold try asking if its still available....some people cant live on here every day....sorry if i offended anyone here but young blood in our hobby should be encouraged.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i will add if bashing someone new for not posting sale item "properly" is not hurting the "spirit of the community" i dont know what is...and this thread of posts is indeed "putting some members at odds" because it attacks a fellow member...... can ya dig it man....its just music and fun!...figure out a guys intent before shoving rules and criticism at them.

i will add if bashing someone new for not posting sale item "properly" is not hurting the "spirit of the community" i dont know what is...and this thread of posts is indeed "putting some members at odds" because it attacks a fellow member...... can ya dig it man....its just music and fun!...figure out a guys intent before shoving rules and criticism at them.

After

reading this thread and his Cornscala thread and reading older posts, I agree

with you. It’s a shame that before

posting that several posters to this thread did NOT take the time to go back

and read the OP’s initial posts (he only has 16 now so how hard would that have

been?) and read about the exuberance displayed at the end of January 2013 as he

had bought the parts recently from Bob Crites and was looking for help with

cabinets. Now life throws this guy a

curve and he finds himself unemployed with a family to support and has to sell

his beloved speakers to make ends meet.

I realize that this thread is posting

something for a friend; however, his responses to each (negative or ‘constructive’

comment in EACH thread…. Everyone can take their pick to inject their own

respective particular bias) post have been very RESPECTUFL in responding to

these posts for which each poster offering their opinion also could have offered

the opinion as “FYI PMs” or emails rather than stone the guy in public.

I suspect that one problem is that empathy took

a substantial nose-dive the year the internet took off resulting in much less face-to-face,

physical interactions with others and replacing those interactions with these

forum “conversations conducted as disembodied versions of ourselves” and that

empathy also peaks at mid-life and begins to take another nose-dive as people go through the mid-life crisis.

Finally, I

suspect that for some people, empathy is just not a subject that they want to associate

with manliness and maybe they think of it as more of a feminine trait and need

to prove to themselves that they can just whip it out and spray everyone with

the best of them?

Try spending some time at death’s door as I did a couple of

years ago and you will learn why nursing is rated as one of the most trusted

professions…… I learned that we could all take a lesson from a good nurse about

being empathetic to our fellow human beings.

To the OP: When you think the

thread has gotten too long, that certain post can be given the "Beat a

Dead Horse Award." [;)]

Of course, it's March with another snow storm, sometimes

"beating a dead horse" and maybe a few 12 oz curls, of the decreasing

weight type, are the only types of exercise we get living with the cold and

piles of snow. [:P]

post-38331-13819830961804_thumb.jpg

No one "bashed" bizzle2525 for not following protocol. As I said in my first post, I was mostly upset about the personal attack on Tom, and I believe I apologized for coming across harsh about how business is sometimes conducted here -- I wasn't even singling out bizzle2525.

It's the seller's responsibility to indicate when something has sold. People around here shouldn't be expected to go into threads constantly asking, "has this sold yet".

Yes, I have a lot of posts. I used to live here, but not so much anymore. I'm here more than I used to be, but that doesn't mean I'm following every thread, much less have knowledge about what every single person is posting about. Is it really reasonable to expect this?

So far, I'm a Cancer survivor. It's been a rough year. Even without the Cancer, to accuse me of a lack of empathy is, well, I don't know what word to use --

If it's okay with bizzle and everyone else, I can ask Amy to delete all of the posts and save the thread. Is that okay with everyone? Maybe ask to get that sticky back up to help the new people work this place.

No one "bashed" bizzle2525 for not following protocol. As I said in my first post, I was mostly upset about the personal attack on Tom, and I believe I apologized for coming across harsh about how business is sometimes conducted here -- I wasn't even singling out bizzle2525.

It's the seller's responsibility to indicate when something has sold. People around here shouldn't be expected to go into threads constantly asking, "has this sold yet".

Yes, I have a lot of posts. I used to live here, but not so much anymore. I'm here more than I used to be, but that doesn't mean I'm following every thread, much less have knowledge about what every single person is posting about. Is it really reasonable to expect this?

So far, I'm a Cancer survivor. It's been a rough year. Even without the Cancer, to accuse me of a lack of empathy is, well, I don't know what word to use --

If it's okay with bizzle and everyone else, I can ask Amy to delete all of the posts and save the thread. Is that okay with everyone? Maybe ask to get that sticky back up to help the new people work this place.

Dean,

I actually think there is some good information both pro and con in this thread on using the garage sale section and my apologies if you took my observations on "empathy" to mean you. That wasn't my intent and I'm well aware you were not necessarily piling onto the OP. [:$]

While I think Tom brings a lot of good perspective to various threads, his technical knowledge seems to be top notch, and his initial questions seemed harmless enough from first glance, I think he may have jumped to a quick conclusion. Then I wasn't sure about who the poster was directing his message to that stated "Dean has spelled it out in black and white. If you're not able to understand that... " right after your post as there was actually no post after yours or between your initial post and his post.

Watching the direction the thread then seemed to take where several started to get defensive, I went back and tried to evaluate the OP's intentions myself and realized it was harmless enough and he was experiencing a tough situation so I thought I would make a few statements about the impact of the internet on our communication skills to hopefully stop the "piling on, pack mentality" that often follows and see if anyone wanted to try on the "glass slipper." [6]

I feel bad that people got upset. I'm sure Tom feels the same way. That really wasn't our intent, nor did we expect the thread to go sideways. Sorry all.

No harm done. We managed to keep the OP's thread on top[:D] It would be nice if in the future problems with a thread were sent politely to the OP in a PM to avoid the derailment. It's nice to see you posting more Dean. I hope you're doing well.

Just want to say it was an absolute pleasure meeting vindeville while selling my cornscalas. What a great person! I am sorry to see this speakers go, but with that being said they went to someone who will enjoy them for years to come! As you can see from his review on them in my cornscala C sale post, theres no question they were an absolutely great speaker. I know that while it was just a sale of a pair of these speakers, Ive made a good friend, and someone I could turn to for knowledge and advice in the Klipsch field for years to come. Thats priceless. Also want to say a big thanks to Bob Crites, was a pleasure to work with and he does an excellent job in his craftsmanship and infinite knowledge in this field.

Now as far as my posting and the little stir it caused lol. I do apologize and going through and reading the post I understand what people are saying, Yes it came across a little harsh, and maybe could have been done another way, Ill chalk it up as a learning lesson and a way to post in the future. I am new to the forum and definetly new to selling on this forum, so I was a little green when posting. To the ones who supported me, thank you and its something that will keep me coming back to this forum for advice for years to come. I was turned on to this forum when I decided to purchase my Cornscalas because of all the posts and help that people have given over the years from just googling klipsch speakers, it kept pulling up the klipsch forum. Thats when I decided to join. Needless to say I have nothing bad to say and no hard feelings, actually very happy that I posted these. I learned, met a good person, and now after selling these to him he is possibly helping me get another pair in my budget to replace the bare spot against my wall!!! I cant stand it. But love klipsch, and cant really see myself ever owning another brand. Thanks again, look forward to being around for awhile.Have a good day[Y]

So Tom's an "a$$hole" for stating the obvious. Actually, I'm tired of it too. If I want to see what's on eBay, I go to eBay. If I want to see what's on AudiogoN I go there. The purpose of this place is not to advertise deals from other places or for other people -- it was set up for users of this community to sell directly to each other. The idea was to get a first shot at something at a somewhat lower price BEFORE it got sent elsewhere.

Perhaps you have a reading comprehension issue Dean. The original poster simply mentioned here an item that he himself is selling on another site. That happens here all the time. He later stated that if anyone was interested then that person could make an offer here. I see no reason to judge a new members actions, if a person was not interested they could simply keep their respective mouths shut rather than chastize a new member.

Had you been following closely a thread that, I think, Fritz started several months back you would have read how I feel about those members here that seem to have nothing better to do that spend their time searching other sites and posting items that other people unrelated to themselves have for sale for which they have no interest. As you stated, if a person is actively looking to buy an item then that person generally searchs the regular sites.

Several years back I found a pair of Klipschorns for sale just right near my home. I had talked to the seller and listened to the speakers and had made a tentative deal to buy several pair of Klipsch speakers that the seller owned. A non-interested member posted here and someone in Indiana made the seller an offer higher than our agreed upon price and the seller sold then to that person in Indiana. So I've never been a fan of those 'Alerts' trolls.

I still see no reason for the sarcasim directed toward this new member. He is just as welcome here as the next guy.

Keith

• Moderators

Several years back I found a pair of Klipschorns for sale just right near my home. I had talked to the seller and listened to the speakers and had made a tentative deal to buy several pair of Klipsch speakers that the seller owned. A non-interested member posted here and someone in Indiana made the seller an offer higher than our agreed upon price and the seller sold then to that person in Indiana. So I've never been a fan of those 'Alerts' trolls.

Color me troll. I guess I'm guilty as charged. Sorry you missed out on the Khorns. But the truth is, as with any "deal", cash talks. Long gone are the days when a smile and a handshake seals the deal. Without payment or at least a deposit, there really isn't a "deal". I think we've all experienced that before. But it works both ways. I often share great deals I find on CL for the people in this community. There have been several forum members that have scored some really sweet deals that they would not have otherwise had I not shared the deal.

You were at the guys house listening to them and didn't purchase them? Sounds like you were trying to lowball the guy, someone stepped up with cash, and now you're bitter about it. Everyone knows when those good deals come up you've got to jump on them. Especially when they're local. You were there, you should have bought them. Anyways.. This issue was already addressed, apologies were made, why try to start it again?

You were at the guys house listening to them and didn't purchase them? Sounds like you were trying to lowball the guy, someone stepped up with cash, and now you're bitter about it. Everyone knows when those good deals come up you've got to jump on them. Especially when they're local. You were there, you should have bought them. Anyways.. This issue was already addressed, apologies were made, why try to start it again?

Thanks for your brillant commentary above something you know nothing absolutely about. I simply replied to Dean's post since he felt it necessary to menton my name.

There were other details about that deal that I did not waste my time posting because I felt certain that, no matter how I explained it, knuckle-heads such as yourself would simply post bullschit comments just as you did.

Thanks for your useless comments.

Keith

Whoa... take a chill pill, Keith. If you're so darn omniscient about what others were gonna post after you did logic would lead me to believe they aren't the knuckleheads.

There's no logic involved.

Keith