Best Sounding Altitude

RRFL

• Moderators

Every things better with a little altitude, or it just appears that way ?

You just have to be very careful, a little altitude is fine, to much and you will do dumb things, like thinking you can dance or in the worst case sing. [;)]

I really don't know, it sounds great on a beach or a cabin on top of a mountain but the temp and humidity do affect the sound.

Ever notice some days it sounds better than others, don't underestimate your mood.

Ever notice some days it sounds better than others

I'm always checking the barometer. If bass sounds particularly weak sauce that day, I'll look to see if atmospheric pressure is on the rise, which is usually the culprit.

A quick Valsalva to equalize the ears on a high pressure day is usually good for a few additional dB. [8]

I know when recording the drum tracks for the album 10,000days. TOOL's drummer Danny Carey would bring in big Helium tanks and fill the recording booth were his drums were with helium. Because to him, the thinner air/helium mixture would result in a better tone of his cymbals. He said "They sound more crisp and clear" with the helium mixed in the room......God only knows how he figured that one out......

I know when recording the drum tracks for the album 10,000days. TOOL's drummer Danny Carey would bring in big Helium tanks and fill the recording booth were his drums were with helium. Because to him, the thinner air/helium mixture would result in a better tone of his cymbals. He said "They sound more crisp and clear" with the helium mixed in the room......God only knows how he figured that one out......Beer

I thought it was nitros oxide and helium.....

While I was in my Rocket, I saw this and I was concerned!

It appears to be a negative antimatter dual universe.

You can see where there were two Suns that must have gone supernova and then two strings of 11 planets with 10 moons that have been caught in a space vortex and become inverted so they no longer exist but the space that was around them has now become solid and exists.

post-45280-13819853700422_thumb.jpg

While I was in my Rocket, I saw this and I was concerned!

It appears to be a negative antimatter dual universe.

You can see where there were two Suns that must have gone supernova and then two strings of 11 planets with 10 moons that have been caught in a space vortex and become inverted so they no longer exist but the space that was around them has now become solid and exists.

looks like Captain Beyonds Mesmerization Eclipse to me,,,,lucky you have lived to tell your tale Mr. Rodrocket.[Y]

Mark

I can't speak for altitude but I can speak for temperature. I have always has subs in all of my vehicles. I love loud bass and lots of it! The hotter and sunnier the day the louder and more effortless the bass is and the colder the day is is the opposite. The same exact song can sound horrible on a 20 degree day in winter and sound absolutely phenomenal on a 90 degree day in the summer. One of my favorite parts of Spring and Summer coming is how much better and louder the bass will sound in my vehicle. Now I don't know if the temperature actually affects the sound itself or just makes a difference on the tightness or looseness of the woofers and their surround. Either way the difference is ten fold.