Grrrr, the f---s in CA have made it illegal for me to...

kenratboy

Girl Needs Help Finding Fatherf>

Unfortunately, it has become all to frequent in today's society that a man will father a child and then run off, often times without paying any child support. The girl in this picture will face many challenges because she has no father in her life.

If you know who her father might be, please contact the authorities immediately.

f>

girl_without_father.jpg

------------------

Deanf>s>

Klipsch RF7s - AE-25 DJH - AE-3 DJH - Sony 9000ES

f>s>

Dean,

interesting pictures. who's the guy who appears in each of them, he seems to get around. i hate that picture with Elian, what a crock that whole episode was.

i don't particularly like that political quiz. it always rates me as a libertarian - of course that is more palatable than a conservative or liberal in MHO.

where might some of you other folks - particularly those who bash conservatives or have an apparent serious dislike for capitalism and consumerism - fall?

------------------

HT - Klipsch Synergy Premiere

Audio - Heresy, KG4

The past few days have reminded me why I never ventured too much into the General Questions forum. It's like wandering into the maw of the General Audio Asylum... where status quo rules and mediocrity is the benchmark...with only a handful that seem to notice.

Selah.

kh

This message has been edited by mobile homeless on 07-12-2002 at 07:28 AM

Darn - wish I had gotten here sooner. I am a big fan of the taboo party conversations - Sex, politics, religion and the criminal justice system. Reigion and politics in one thread is great.

Snapshots:

I was a republican when younger - Maturity, both emotionally and logically, turned me into today's version of a Liberal. Self centered politics IMO has no place in a government for the people.

Religion is deeply personal and should remain that way. References to God never has upset me, nor influences me. The pledge inclusion is a non event and should be ignored (all this with one caveat - the inclusion of that line in the pledge was specifically ushered in by some very dangerous conservatives in the 50s that intentionally wanted to segregate this country into christian/nonchristian factions to easily identify the good guys. These conservatives labeled all Jews as communists and were responsible for America's own version of the 'dark ages'.)

Most humor, to be effective, is offensive to someone. I prefer to laugh than cry. Giggle factor is the best barometer.

Isn't it a shame that I cannot enjoy a trip to the bathroom without my reading glasses.

Let's elevate this conversation and move on to sex...

------------------

Hwatkins

...where is monty python when we need them...THAT'S IT!! the perfect application for Klipsch efficiency!

TELL THE WORLD'S FUNNIEST JOKE,TRANSLATED INTO GERMAN, A JOKE SO FUNNY PEOPLE WHO HEAR IT WOULD DIE LAUGHING...the klipsches would asssure that all the enemy soldiers would hear it w/out the allied troops having to get too close!

the joke would have to be translated under special joke-proof conditions, one word at a time...

(FAWLTY TOWERS): 'say nothing about the war'

GREAT HUMOR!!love watching those guys!!

avman.cwm32.gif

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center (looking for 1-m.o.klf-20)

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 6000 HD sat rcvr w/digital off-air tuner

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

Natuzzi red leather furniture set

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

I guess the atheist from CA loses both ways. He is either under God, or he is under the wrath of God. No matter what your religion or idealisms there is one thing you cannot argue with. Well, first of all, if America is the greatest country ever, and it is, what has made it different? You must go back to its roots and its beginnings. You will not find another countries roots so firmly grounded in the Bible, and it shows. All I ever hear about is how bad America has become (crime, aids, etc.) I think to myself,"What has changed?" Only one thing has changed. We have. We have chosen to neglect God and the Bible and were paying the price. Babies are murdered by the millions, teenage girls are being exploited and raped, familys are are more broken than ever, your money is being waisted and stolen from you and you dont even know it and the list goes on and on. Amidst all this controversy I do find it interesting that we still open Congress with prayer, and the Ten Commandents still hang in the Supreme Court. I thought it was interesting what deang said earlier about Jefferson's words about the separation between church and state. I agree with him too. That popular term is not in the Constitution. The first amendment says nothing of the sort. Read it yourself. It has been taken way out of context. I love America. Let us fix our problems with the only thing we know will work. Its proved Itself before and It wants to prove Itself again. Im talking about God, the God of the Bible and none other. You might believe differently and I respect your opinions but you cant argue the the most profound and proven Book of all time when it says, "for salvation is found in none other then the Lord Jesus Christ." Jesus himself said " I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father except by me." Im sorry if this offends anyone. I guess I just love people more than your feelings or my reputation. thanks

I stopped posting once the conversation got away from the original Pledge discussion and onto topics that are surely so personal that we would rapidly devolve into name calling, but I can't resist this no matter the personal cost (which I expect to be great because my bible-quoting days are far behind).

I just want to ask that you contemplate the meaning of the passage, "I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father except by me." Have you considered that the first part of that sentence is an equality? And that the second could therefore be stated as "no man comes to the Father except by the way, the truth, and the life."? But maybe I miss the fact that Jesus was a literalist - never given to parable. <tongue firmly in cheek>

To paraphrase my question, might it not important that oneshout that "you do all in his name!" (even if it is effectively nothing), but that it may be more important that one live "the way, the truth, and the life?"

Then again, I've also never been fond of the saying "It's better to ask forgiveness than permission." IMHO, some people see Jesus' forgiveness of everything as an excuse to do whatever they want, but that it's OK because they are Christian and he will forgive them.

Re "All I ever hear about is how bad America has become (crime, aids, etc.) I think to myself,"What has changed?"

I guess I'm not always proud of everything my country has done in the past - slave were owned by good Christians, "heathens" were oppressed in the name of manifest destiny. And I think you're looking at some of the personal behaviour through rose-colored glasses as well - there was plenty of crime as well.

But it's meaningless for me to live in the past. I can only affect the now, and hope that our country can live in the most Christian manner (not to say declaratively "Christian!") possible. (note I say "possible" I still have a problem with the good old USA "turning the other cheek" to terrorism. And some of my other preferred policies can be tough love. Also, don't lump me in with the "bleeding-heart" liberals)

But ahh, I guess aids is a plague to strike down the ungodly. When we were more godly we had smallpox, polio, etc. But aids being the current "penalty" of the ungodly, and that probably being a few people's opinion of us Californians, I'm sure there are a few prayers along that line being said.

Taking it on the chin,

Eric

This message has been edited by Eric D on 07-12-2002 at 04:52 PM

Forgot two other things. I got to the end of a thought and sent it off willy-nilly.

First, CLS72: Im glad you love people more than your feelings or my reputation. That we share in common. It does give me hope. Oops, one request: please define people.

Second, Mallett: Thanks for your contributions to this conversation. You've given me some reading assignments. I didn't want to let a posting go by without saying thanks.

Eric

Just a Cali *** responding to the typically enlightened posters like the author of this thread. OK, well I'm not gay but I guess it wouldn't matter to this guy. Anyway the point is the Judge made the correct decision. Saying a pledge that invokes god or any other supernatural being of belief implies religion. Yes, I am atheist as well. If people want to worship a rock or satan is immaterial to me. The point is what is written in the constitution. I am one of those Americans who believe the constitution is more than just some abstract document we show to the rest of the world.

Dean,

Have you ever read "The Case for Christ"?

I prefer faith over science. There is allot science cannot explain to my satisfaction. But "The Case for Christ" is written by a former atheist lawyer somewhat in the form of multiple proofs.

An interesting premise for a convert.

quote:

Originally posted by cls72:

Someone please answer this for me. If you're (whoever) is an atheist then why do you care about all of this. No one made you say anything. Btw, atheism is defined as a religion as well.

I'm atheist and I like many atheist I know do not use atheism when describing ourselves for the very reason you stated. That term is most often used by deist.

As for concerns about "under god." While our kids can opt out of saying that in a world immersed in religion, children who do not participate in the state mandated pledge would surely be ostracized. More importantly though, this state mandate violates that pesky little document whose ideals we are supposed to be fighting to defend. That is why we care.

"Immersed in religion" Nonsense. "Ostracized for not saying the pledge." More nonsense. Half of America can't recite the Pledge and crime statistics say not too many are paying attention to what ANY deity has to say. I haven't seen a child yet who gave a rat's butt one way or the other regarding the Pledge.

------------------

HT - Klipsch Synergy Premiere

Audio - Heresy, KG4