Finally Got Some RB-75s

TasDom

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent find. I keep waiting for a pair to pop up in my area. Thanks for posting that size comparison with the RB-5. Didn't know the 75 was that much bigger!

Thanks and you're quite welcome. I never thought I'd find some local either but I guess you just never know.

Trying to get an idea of the best wall mounts for these. So far the Pinpoint mounts look like the best candidate. Tilt, swivel and up to 50 lb. capacity. Anyone here using these? Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Yup, those are the same mounts I use for my RB-75's in my theater room. They work great.

Trying to get an idea of the best wall mounts for these. So far the Pinpoint mounts look like the best candidate. Tilt, swivel and up to 50 lb. capacity. Anyone here using these? Any thoughts are much appreciated.

I used them and was very happy with them. High marks for build quality and I never worried that my speakers might fall off the wall.

I'll try both heights and wide to see where I like them better.I need to add an amp before I can do anything. Got the mounts, cable and banana plugs ordered so I'm good to go when I make a decision on the amp.

• 2 weeks later...

Tasdom, Congrats on your RB-75 score! I've been looking for a pair of RB-5's and now you have me wondering whether the RB-75's might be what I want for my secondary system mains.

I see the cabinet size difference and the rear port vs. the front port in your pics, is there a sonic difference that makes you select the 75's over the 5's?

Scott

The main reason was being front ported and used for heights. The RB5's do sound fantastic however the RB75's were a better match with my RF7II's and imo have better imaging and more thump in the low end.

• Moderators

IMO, the RB-75's sound much bigger and have an overall better sound than the RB-5's. My friend has the RB-5's and they sound "ok". I wasn't really impressed with them. Maybe if they were in a larger living room they might sound better as he has them in a bedroom but they are powered by an HK receiver which has always been pleasing to my ears.

My friend has the RB-5's and they sound "ok". I wasn't really impressed with them.

Okay I am just going to say it, you are tone deaf.[ ;)][:D]

Maybe if they were in a larger living room they might sound better

I had RB-5's in a 13 x 13 room and driven by a Marantz 2252B and they sounded sweet.

Michael, maybe the synergy between the HK and the RB-5's just wasn't there.

Bill

Edited by willland

I had RB-5's in a 13 x 13 room and driven by a Marantz 2252B and they sounded sweet.

Totally agree. I had them set up for a while in my 15 x 22 room in a 2 channel configuration and they do sound great. ymmv!

• Moderators

Okay I just going to say it, you are tone deaf.WinkBig Smile

You know, I have always wondered my my friend's RB-5's only sound "ok". Definitely nothing exciting. Not sure what the issue is since everyone raves over them. It could be his setup, his room etc. He does not have them setup in the ideal location as they are only a few feet apart on top of a tall dresser. Again, they sound good, but definitely not WOW. I would love to hear a pair properly setup. My guess the HK is not the issue, it's probably his room, distance between speakers etc.