FS: stuff now and more later

jwc

Selling some items off and on the next couple of months. I’m downsizing to a new small house. Please don’t email me or call about items listed or items that you know I have and “may list”. Just post that you “PM” me regarding the item you are interested in purchasing. Ask all you want about the item and I will post back in the thread. I’m doing this sale in this manner as the last time I posted for sale stuff…..I got confused on who got dibs first and I basically got mixed up on who was who. It is possible that I may sell some of my big stuff….to post later.

All quoted prices are for UPS ground shipped and insured in the continental US. Some items listed will be pick up only.

Paypal plus 3%. Or send a check and wait for clearance.

K402's with custom base better than the manufacture which is 'fixed". The ones I made are capable of changing the angle of the horn. Pick up only. As some have stated before, the 402's can come with "flaws" that are cosmetic and don't effect performance. These from several feet away look flawless but towards the throat there is a "bare area' that looks like it didn't get the last coating. I've seen several sets of K402's....and these are one of the better towards the mouth as there is no scratches or defect there. I'll show pictures in a bit.....

$800 for the pair of horns and base.

"Snail Horns". Currently not for sale. Dual loaded 15" woofer. Pair cabinets. These are a design by me. Was gonna patent them....but lost the will power. No longer gonna create designs. Plays lower than the Jube or Khorn and barely makes it out to 400Hz with the right drivers. Woofers or subwoofers available if wanted. With the right adapter plates...will load with a 4 Klipsch K31 (12 inch woofer in Jubilee) .....I've done it. The 15" lab subwoofers should work in these.....I moved and didn't have the test space to test the combo.

The snail horns are spoken for.....but I wanted to let people know why I had the below mentioned woofers for sale. If the snail horns aren't taken by the interested party....I'll list them here....

4 Klipsch K31s (12" woofers used in Jubilee) with little use. Got originally shrink wrapped from a surplus outfit. I have 8. Will sell in lots of 4. (4 are spoken for at the moment but this could change)

$360 shipped

4 BC 15PS100 15' inch woofers. 8 ohm. barely used. These are expensive. I had these woofers in the snail horns. They are the woofers basically spec for the horns to play 35hz to 400Hz.http://www.bcspeakers.com/products/lf-driver-fe/15-0/15ps100 I paid $920 plus shipping new from USpeaker 2010. Will take $570 shipped in original boxes.

4 BC 15BG100 15' inch woofers. 8 ohm. barely used. These are expensive. I had these woofers in the snail horns. They are the woofers basically spec for the horns for subwoofer duty. These are killer.http://www.bcspeakers.com/products/lf-driver-neo/15-0/15bg100 These cost me over $1500 plus shipping new from USpeaker 2010. Will take $900 shipped in original boxes.

Ashley graphic Equalizer GQX-3102 (newer dark gray/black vs the old version light gray)Like new. I bought it new about 2 years ago. I don't see any scratches. No hiss. Clean. Quiet. Used to EQ My coaxials on the 402.

$400 shipped

Ashly Analog Crossover XR-3001. (newer dark gray/black vs the old version light gray)I bought new about 3 years ago. great condition.

Looks new. $175 shipped

Ashly Analog Crossover XR-1001 (newer dark gray/black vs the old version light gray). I bought new about 3 years ago. great condition. Looks new except small scratch on top....not faceplate. That silly scratch was made getting it out of the original packing.

$125 shipped

cheers....

jc

Now.

If anyone has ever mounted a driver on the K402....the 4 holes on the horn aren't straight vertical and horizontal.....in order to miss the "braces" on the other side of the mounting plate.

Anyway....the wood piece with the two holes is attached to a 2" metal plate adapter sold by Crites. When you mount a driver on the backside of the metal plate,,,the wood piece sits a little crooked.....at the metal plate has to be rotated just a bit to line up its holes with the 402 holes.

Anyway....this base I built....it is sturdy and has the flexibility to tilt the horn.

I'm getting ready to post to images of the "bare spot" seen toward the throat. Same place on both horns.

I'm shining a flashlight right on it with my camera fairly close to see this....... Honestly....I forgot those were even there. But it is there......

post-16499-13819856402602_thumb.jpg

Guest David H

Can you post pictures of the "Snail Horns" - I know they are spoken for - but I'm just curious what they look like. Cheers, D

The horns are neat looking and as I recall amazing performers.

Dave

Just an FYI

Those K31's are also being billed as replacement woofers for KLF30 by Klipsch. Parts guy told me its the same woofer to specs just different manufacturer. Looks slightly different too.

they might help out someone trying to resurect a pair of big klfs