Best subwoofer for an RF 82 speaker set up

vigiano

Can you build something? If so diy is the best bang for your buck and can be very easy. I looked on la Craigslist and didnt see much at all. You could look at an svs pb-12 nsd but you have a pretty big room.

if you could build, and enjoy putting things together you could order a sub flat pack from where I did and a 18" Si sub for around 375$ and amp and other stuff should put you at 7-800$. Then down the road add one more to the amp you already own and 1200$ in a dual 18" setup. Pretty smal sealed boxes. Super musical. Tons of excursion and mine play down to single digits with Authority!

• Moderators

Here is my sub journey

Velodyne CT-100 (10" ,120 watt amp)

Velodyne F1500 (15" with 250 watt amp)

Single Velodyne HGS15 (15" with 1250 RMS / 3000 Peak amp)

Dual Velodyne HGS15 subs

Klipsch RSW-15 (15" active, 15" passive, 650 RMS / 2400 Peak amp)

The single Klipsch RSW-15 performs better than my previous dual velodyne HGS15's

HIGHLY recommend the RSW-15. Very musical with plenty of slam for HT.

there is almost no wrong answer here. Hearing is subjective and placement is key to a subs performance. I have been very happy with my SV Sound subs and i would recommend them to you. Are you worried about WAF (wife acceptance factor)? A 20x20 room is a good size to fill. What is your ceiling height?

I would say look at the http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/cylinder/pc12-nsd PC12-NSD or the http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/ported-box/pb12-nsd PB12-NSD as these are both smack dab in your price range. You have nothing to lose by trying them out. 45 days no hassel in home trial with free return shipping if you don't like it.

I have two of these http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/cylinder/pc12-plus PC12-Plus and i have been extremely satisfied with their performance. It took alittle bit to dial them in with my receiver but once i hooked it up to my emo processor, things sounded much better as I had more control. I still haven't dialed my whole system in and it all sounds great as-is. The subs i have are very musical and even better for HT. They have a very tight bass, nothing sloppy here which is amazing.

As said above, if you want to go the DIY you can get more bang for the buck but that isn't for everyone. I debated it and wound up deciding that i just wanted a nice finished product without the hassle of the DIY build and waiting for things to get completed.

• Like 1

As said above, if you want to go the DIY you can get more bang for the buck but that isn't for everyone. I debated it and wound up deciding that i just wanted a nice finished product without the hassle of the DIY build and waiting for things to get completed.

i have never built a single thing out of wood in my life. and mine only took about an hour average per box to put together. only thing that held me up was i was being stingy with money and ordering stuff slowly when i needed it instead of just ordering all up front.

My room is about the same size. My sub is 600 watt, sealed, with a 12" driver. I would like to have more bass.

Getting one or two larger subs may not still allow you to blow curtains and crack towel, lol, especially if the room is open. Now a closed off room is your huckleberry!