Horn Loaded Table Tuba

jason str

Looks great. I'm assuming by the width it's a single driver cab? 8 or 10? What amp will you use? Did you drill the inner panels (and seal) for the driver wire?

Single 10" driver & 15" panels, the minimum width for the 10" driver. I wanted it to look like a table and having the cabinet any deeper would just make it look like another box.

The panels were drilled and sealed for the wire throughfare.

When its finished i will do the testing with my Dayton 240 watt amp i use for the Tuba HT, more than enough power for these tuba's to rock the neighbors house.

You might consider rounding the corners to reduce the pain of knee impacts when walking around the sub.

It looks pretty good. Looking forward to seeing the pix of it when it's finished.

LOL my issue has been more breaking my toes on couch legs. Every piece of furniture now has to have legs set back.

I swear i have broken every toe on this couch i had for years, feel sorry for the couple i gave it to.

Thank you for all the compliments.

The Rust- Oleum Varathane finish is really bringing out the woodgrain on the red oak.

4 more coats of varathane, some sanding & glue on the drawer fronts and its done.

SAM_0072_zps77eeea3a.jpg

Edited by jason str