The Politics Of Religion

thebes

• Administrators

Thebes--are you vying for the first lock of the new forum or do you want to collect the most warnings? Either is a badge of honor...kind of.

Steve

hehe.... I actually did lock the thread for about 5 minutes yesterday, just to mess with him.

;-)

We'll let this one slide. This one. B)

• Like 1

Before I had reestablished my password I took a look around the new site as an outsider would and came across a "pinned" post by Amy banning talk of politics and religion and caling such stuff "nonsense".

Hilarity and hijinks were sure to follow. Besides, I want to be the first one to get a "warning point" whatever that is. Aftera all, if it's something new, I want to try it.

Besides, I want to be the first one to get a "warning point" whatever that is. Aftera all, if it's something new, I want to try it.

done, and done.

Hah! Looks great. I especially like the red exclamation point. Looks like someone's wagging their finger at me.

Be forewarned though, I have the tools at hand to blow up this place should I desire.

post-12696-0-05840000-1382539219_thumb.j

Funny, I don't recall Taiwan being a Muslim country. I guess that map gets an A-.

I assume most of the population of Antarctica follows the teachings of the Great Penguin. Looks like it's spreading to Madagascar and south-central Africa.

Edited by Islander

Taiwan is a country of various religious beliefs. There are currently thirteen registered religions on the island practiced by nearly half the residents of Taiwan. These religions include Buddhism (the most popular), Taoism, Catholicism, Protestantism, Hsuan-yuan Chiao, Islam, Li-ism, Tenrikyo, Baha'i, T'ienti Teachings, Tien Te Chiao, I-Kuan Tao, and Mahikarikyo.

Buddhism is the most prevalent institutionalized religion in Taiwan, and is practiced by almost 4.9 million individuals.

Taoism is the second most popular religion in Taiwan, followed by 4.5 million people of Taiwan.

Muslims in Taiwan today, however, have difficulties conforming to orthodox Islamic customs. The hectic city lifestyles and the restraints of a non-Muslim environment contribute to the many problems faced by the Muslims. There are currently three new mosques, which have been constructed in Kaohsiung, Taichung, and Lungkang, together with two other mosques in Taipei.

• Like 1