Dean G AA crossovers SOLD

SonicSeeker

Do you like the original x over better?

No,,,,,,,,not even close.

Did it change the sound?

Yes it made it much better in every way, clearer, less fatiuging, more open.ect

Dean's work is really impressive, and the Jensens OIP are top notch in the AA'S.

I am moving to a different speaker set-up thats the only reason I don't need these other wise I would be more than happy with them.

This is a good deal for these I just paid 905.00 for them.

Edited by Henry Browning 63

(2) 3619 Autoformers, $80

(2) 2.5mH coils, $25

(2) .254 coils, $20

(2) Terminal strips, $10

(2) 12uF Jensen PIO, $262

(4) 2uF Jensen PIO, $178

(2) Red oak, sanded, waxed, $20

Labor, $250

Shipping from vendors, $30

Shipping to customer, $30

Total, $905

I polish every lead, the buss wire, and the connector plates on the terminal strips with .0000 steel wool and wipe with denatured alcohol. The wood is sanded with 220 and then waxed. After they dry I rub them out. I probably have more time in prep then most spend actually building their networks. All screws are stainless steel. With this build I used quite a few since I opted not to drill. These actually came out really nice looking.

Scott just discovered he's not a horn guy. It happens.

• Like 1

So Derrick, do you think a pair of RF-7s could hang with a pair of Klipschorns loaded up with some good aftermarket networks?

Thanks for the breakdown on cost. I guess the cost is relative since these are speakers that one can keep for years. I know your xo's are well received by our fellow members and that does not happen here with these people easily. I wish I could even guess at you question on the Klipschorns. Even though I have been on the forum for several years, I have never heard the Heritage line of speakers. I would really love to hear some after hanging out in the 2 channel section.

I am trying to remeber if you are near my old stompping grounds in Dayton, Ohio? For right now I am a Hoosier and no we don't all live in trailer parks, there is a waiting line, he he.

Edited by derrickdj1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...