Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

• Moderators
Very cool you have your daughter in it. Thats one you will smile looking at 1 year or 20 years from now.

Exactly, very nice pictures TheEvan, after visiting places like that it has got to change the way you see everything in what we call normal life.

• Moderators
Spring is almost in Indy!

It's just a trick Amy, sorry but you will have to wait a little longer. But look at the bright side you can get a few more pictures of snow falling before the weekend.

I caught this double rainbow during the last rain here...

9715084518_f0d4d3bcaf_o.jpg

here is the video...

Schu, that is called a moonbow. There is a spot in Kentucy and 3 or 4 other spots around the world that have them with every full moon. All the spots are near waterfalls.

I had no idea... I just got lucky.

11437301346_c24e853f31_o.jpg

Nice taste in rides Schu, this is my old '95 followed by my current '08 ;)

TY sir... I had to sell that r32 a couple years ago, and it was a sad day indeed to see it go. it only had 25k original miles on it and the buyer flew in to vegas to drive it home. needless to say, he was a happy camper.

I was out in the desert this past weekend... I only had my Camera phone with me though.

Geez, those are still great colors and contrast in the pics! Not an iPhone I bet?

no sir... LG 13mp android.

That is quite something, especially given it's a camera phone....wow.

JL, I was struck by the similarity of the young man holding the mule, and the older gentleman with the baby. there can be no doubt that they are father and son.

Yeah, That young man was an interesting character. SR he was called. Unfortunately he passed at an early age. EDIT: Talked to my dad and it was his son that died at an early age in a car wreck.

I just love this photograph though. It's a classic example of photography at the time and it was executed so well by the photographer. I was tempted to lower exposure and up the sharpness with software but I just couldn't mess with it LOL.

Edited by JL Sargent

• Moderators

This isn't the great setting of the farmhouse with mule (so classic), but this could be the oldest photograph we have preserved in my family. Great-great-great-great grandma, dated 1856. I haven't tackled touching it up yet. I kind of like the oldness look of it, anyway.

I actually have a few images of great-greats from the late 1800s. I love that my family kept them all these years... it's interesting to see how photography has changed - some are on hard coated glass instead of paper. I think it's nerdily cool, anyway. :)

post-2229-0-44400000-1394554819_thumb.jp

• Like 2