Sherbourn PT-7030 Pre/Pro

willland

How come I am not seeing any of these listed in our forum brothers/sisters gear profiles? I don't know a whole lot about them but the price looks great and I am sure Emotiva will stand behind them. Looks to be a lot of bang for the buck.

What gives?

http://www.sherbourn.com/collections/theater/products/pt7030

Reviews look mostly favorable but there are obvious limitations compared to the Integras and Marantz units.

http://www.audioholics.com/av-preamp-processor-reviews/sherbourn-pt-7030-surround-processor

http://www.andrew-robinson-online.com/review-sherbourn-pt-7030-av-preamp/

Bill

FWIW - Sherbourn is owned by Emotiva now. Emotiva is phasing out the Sherbourn brand as far as I understand. That is why the prices are smoking hot for what they have left. And when they're gone, they're gone. I have a 7 channel power amp from them I picked up when they were blowing them out. For me noise floor is very important and I am not impressed with this amp in that respect. It is OK for movies and TV stuff but critical music listening, nope too noisy (with Klipsch high efficiency speakers of course). That being said I know nothing about this Pre/pro, it maybe the cat's pajamas.

but babadono

Edited by babadono
  • Like 1

I've been looking at this also but the "all sales are final" and from what I see there's no remote, I'm just not sure when comparing it to the Marantz AV7005 ($830) or an Onkyo TX NR809 ($500-$700). The Marantz and the Onkyo have a track record but I can't really find much on the Sherbourn.

I've been looking at this also but the "all sales are final" and from what I see there's no remote, I'm just not sure when comparing it to the Marantz AV7005 ($830) or an Onkyo TX NR809 ($500-$700). The Marantz and the Onkyo have a track record but I can't really find much on the Sherbourn.

No Audyssey, I'd pass.

No Audyssey, I'd pass.

I came across some reviews and wasn't really impressed but I've got to pull the trigger on something since the 805 is having some HDMI switching issues and I want to move that out of the HT system and get a real network receiver or pre pro, it's just difficult for me to pull the trigger since I'm looking for a deal all the time and not willing to drop $1500-$2,000 because I can't believe that's necessary to get a unit that has good room eq (audyssey) and great dac's and video processing that I can network in with the tower I just built. I think I should have pulled the trigger on the 809 at $500 but that's my fault for thinking I could score something better for less. :(

Oh no, my life is ruined, I don't have Audyssey, lol.

I didn't have it for years and technically don't have it now either. Anthem has a proprietary room correction system (ARC). If I was buying new however, room correction would be high on my list though.

I think Derrick was goofing because he has Pioneer's proprietary room correction MCCAC and not Audyssey.

Bill

• Like 1