Onkyo Receivers $199-$299

johnnydrama

sure he did. Look I don't take Offense to anything shaky says as I could care less about what he thinks about me having a receiver. What I dislike is reading his comments and instantly feeling like I am on a different forum where everyone isn't friendly towards each other. Just a bunch of negativity towards each other. And I've seemed to notice it a lot from shaky as have others. Just don't like it that's all. Maybe he can actually learn to refrain a bit before he starts blasting others gear. That is all. Good night.

I see your point.

Let's see how it all plays out from this point forward.

Bill

You are right. Just because I don't like certain things doesn't mean I should enforce my opinion on anyone. I just have a higher standard about reproduced music than some that frequent this forum. If others are more concerned with home theater theatrics or "slamming" bass, then I shouldn't judge just because it's not my thing. I am really not here to be the neighborhood jerk.

Shakey

You are right. Just because I don't like certain things doesn't mean I should enforce my opinion on anyone. I just have a higher standard about reproduced music than some that frequent this forum. If others are more concerned with home theater theatrics or "slamming" bass, then I shouldn't judge just because it's not my thing. I am really not here to be the neighborhood jerk.

Shakey

ok that's fine. I've been waiting for you to reply back here. I get where your coming from. But maybe say something like this:

I prefer the sound of a nice pre amp and a tube amp or even SS amp because IMO you get a much more quality sound over any receiver THAT I HAVE ever heard.

Not something like this:

Receivers are sub par for music compared to what you could buy and are really for the best buy crowd.

We all know that there is better out there. But you don't have to put all of us who own receivers in the "best buy" crowd.

I've owned separate dacs and preamps in my 2 channel setup. And they are fantastic. But for me space and usage forced me to go with an older pioneer sx unit. To me it's much better than a newer receiver cause back then they only cared about one thing. Sound. No hdmi no networking. Just sound.

I own a receiver because I also have a home theater. And I am not rich enough to be able to afford a marantz 8801 right now. If so I would gladly sell my 1500$ onkyo 805 and fork over 3500$ for the marantz processor as I am sure it's a better unit than mine.

You just need to step back and look at what you post and think. I'm not saying don't say things that piss people off. I do that quite frequently. But what I try not to do, is offend people.

I hear what you are saying. But we are coming from two different places. I would never combine HT and two channel music, but that's just me. You will always have to compromise one or the other. I have a little invested in my music rig, but a very basic receiver with Polk Audio speakers and a Yamaha sub for my makeshift home theater. So you can tell from this what's more important in my world.

I understand that compromises must be made, I just chose to compromise my video rig. I know that some receivers do ok for music, but ok isn't where I want to be. I also know there are far better setups than mine out there, it will always be that way.

So let's just say that I am very much in the minority on this site in that I really don't have a home theater. I wouldn't call what I watch movies on a theater of any sort. I focus on music, so that's my bias.

Shakey

Ok I agree that everyone should have two different setups. My thx ultra speakers fantastic for home theater. They are terrible for music. The other guy in here that has them says the same. All I'm saying is maybe try and not be so harsh with your statements as to start offending people. I can assure you we are all not a best buy crowd. I couldn't tell you the last time I've even stepped foot in that devil store.

I am 100% with Shakeydeal. I have a dedicated 2-channel system as I do not believe in a combined system. Although, once, I did have what I considered the best home theatre system for the money - 5.1 all McIntosh gears!

• Like 1

I don't think it's a matter if he's correct or incorrect. shakey doesn't have any proprietary knowledge that the rest of us have not realized YEARS ago... it's a matter of being civil because teh Klipsch forum has not traditionally been swamped with eThugs

Edited by Schu

I don't think it's a matter if he's correct or incorrect. shakey doesn't have any proprietary knowledge that the rest of us have not realized YEARS ago... it's a matter of being civil because teh Klipsch forum has not traditionally been swamped with eThugs

Oh, so now I'm an "eThug"? :ph34r:

I didn't find them offensive. I was just trying to alert everyone to a good deal on a couple of budget receivers and was in no way endorsing either units excellence or superiority. However I had to be told how inferior they are. This was turned into a worthless thread very quickly.

Oh, so now I'm an "eThug"? :ph34r:

If not always being tactful qualifies as a requirement to be a thug, then I am a thug every once in a while.

It's all in the delivery, and we all don't get it right every time.

Again, no piling on.

We do have a special community that I think is different than many forums on the web. We all have opinions but we don't have to throw "insulting" comments at one another.

The content of what Shakey is conveying is IMO, spot on the majority of the time.

The condescending "delivery" is what most have issue with and I think he is working on that.

This was turned into a worthless thread very quickly.

Yep, way off track.

Bill

Edited by willland

C'mon fellas... if your skin's too thin or if you just flat out don't wanna see anybody's posts -- the forum software can do that.

1. Click the arrow under your name

2. Click 'Manage Ignore Prefs'

3. Add the villain's screen name

4. Check the boxes you prefer

5. Click 'Save'

Enjoy the stress-free forum experience.

post-28997-0-91600000-1389117552_thumb.j

post-28997-0-04800000-1389117763_thumb.j

• Like 1

Onkyo receivers on woot for $199 and $299

http://www.woot.com/offers/onkyo-5-2-or-7-2-network-a-v-receiver

Johnny is letting us know a good deal on an Onkyo receiver.

Yeah, but it's still an Onkyo receiver............... :(

Shakey doesn't seem to think so. Nothing wrong with that. He is entitled to his opinion. I find nothing condescending about this statement.

Lighten up guys! Lets move on. Nothing else to discuss.

Edited by neo33
  • Like 1

C'mon fellas... if your skin's too thin or if you just flat out don't wanna see anybody's posts -- the forum software can do that.

1. Click the arrow under your name

2. Click 'Manage Ignore Prefs'

3. Add the villain's screen name

4. Check the boxes you prefer

5. Click 'Save'

Enjoy the stress-free forum experience.

That is sweet. About 12 years ago there was a poster who had to add page long answers to everything to retain the title of the resident expert on everything. Not a bad guy, but nauseating to read any of his posts. This would have come in handy.