sub in ceiling.

Taz

I think your IB setup is one of the coolest I've seen for home audio. You have a good home design for it

Thanks!

The biggest problem to that build was that I had to drag the drivers from one side of my house, over the living room to where they were mounted. I spent so much time up there I built a platform to work off of.

HERE'S a pic after bracing, wiring and insulation.

For some reason I can't post a pic from photobucket. It won't allow a .bmp attatchment, whatever that is. there's pics of my build there also if you search under cecaa850. EDIT looks like the search function is temporarily screwed up over there too.

Did you cover the subs on the top and sides just to keep some dust out? I have to build little enclosures for my new in ceilings so the insulation and dust doesn't get in the drivers

They're "self cleaning" with the right material ;)

L-O-L

Dustin' off the woofers!

So. Don't fire it down. Suspend a folded horn in the rafters and open the mouth through the ceiling. Inverted version of mounting your sub in the basement and firing it through the floor. Build a proper grill and most might not even notice it there.

This could be a great idea, I might have to look into this. Would this work.

So. Don't fire it down. Suspend a folded horn in the rafters and open the mouth through the ceiling. Inverted version of mounting your sub in the basement and firing it through the floor. Build a proper grill and most might not even notice it there.

This could be a great idea, I might have to look into this. Would this work.

I'm not 100% sure. You're making the ceiling an extension of the horn at that point. If it were in the corner I'd say yes, but centered firing down, I'm not sure. Maybe Drwho will chime in.