Klipsch RF 25

Loudogp250

Anyone heard or own a pair of RF 25's? How would they compare to the KG 2.5 or KG 3.5. I currently have a 2ch KG 3.5 system in the living room and a 2ch 2.5 system in the bedroom. I have a opportunity to purchase a pair of RF 25 for $100. If I grab them I will put a pair of speakers in a den.

Anyone heard or own a pair of RF 25's? How would they compare to the KG 2.5 or KG 3.5. I currently have a 2ch KG 3.5 system in the living room and a 2ch 2.5 system in the bedroom. I have a opportunity to purchase a pair of RF 25 for $100. If I grab them I will put a pair of speakers in a den.

Have not heard the KG's you are speaking of but the RF-25's are Ref III version of the RF-62's and they sound great. For $100.00 you can't go wrong.

Bill

I currently own both the kg 2.2 and rf-25. So, not 2.5's but pretty close. The rf-25's have more punch and dig a little deeper, vocally I prefer the accuracy that the rf-25's offer over that of the 2.2's. For $100 its a no brainer. I paid $450 for my rf-25's and that was at 50%off.

Edited by Tremors

• 2 weeks later...

After listening for a few days in a HT setup and 2 CH music I will say they are good for HT but can't match my upgraded KG 5.5 speakers. Comparing them to the KG 3.5 for 2 CH they seem lacking with jazz. Listening to Dave Brubeck's all time greatest hits is actually enjoyable through the little KG. The money spent wasn't bad but I think I need some Heritage in my life.... Time for the RF-25 's to go on sale.

After listening for a few days in a HT setup and 2 CH music I will say they are good for HT but can't match my upgraded KG 5.5 speakers. Comparing them to the KG 3.5 for 2 CH they seem lacking with jazz. Listening to Dave Brubeck's all time greatest hits is actually enjoyable through the little KG. The money spent wasn't bad but I think I need some Heritage in my life.... Time for the RF-25 's to go on sale.

Take them over to DeanG's and see what magic he can apply to them.

Bill

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the info. I had thought about replacing my KG 5.5 setup but with the Bob Crites upgrades I feel that only the R-7 could replace them for HT or when I listen to 2 CH music. My mission is to grab a pair of 3 way Klipsch. I am very excited that a forum member has invited me to demo a pair of La Scala.

• 2 weeks later...