It's Not About The Nail

Rivernuggets

Every young person should watch this.

You think it would help?

The way I see it, it needs to be more realistic to be a pubic service announcement.

Say the guy losses his job, then get in an accident on the way home and his car is totaled, then when he makes it home and checks his mail he finds out that his car insurance was canceled a month a go and that he is getting audited by the IRS. Then he goes in and has to discuss how it is not about the nail. :wacko:

Edited by tigerwoodKhorns

Glad you all liked this as much as me!

I had to show that to my wife. We both cracked up.

My wife enjoyed it also! There have been many times where she brings up something that is slightly concerning to her. I suggest a couple ways to 'solve the problem', because I want to help her. After she politely declines those suggestions, I quickly say, "Gotcha, I'll stop trying to fix it". :D

A friend of mine is going through a divorce, not his choice. I've known him since kindergarten. After my first conversation with him over the phone about it, I was a little nervous. I told my wife I wasn't sure if I could help him through this. She said, "Don't worry about finding the right thing to say, he mostly just needs someone to listen."

That thought hadn't occurred to me, and there was a weight lifted. It has allowed me to be more comfortable when he calls and probably more effective as a friend.

A lesson learned from the feminine side. I'm very lucky to be with her.

OK, got a bit heavy and sappy here :blush2: ........on with the gender differences!

• Moderators

So, so true. Women talk, men fix, and neither understands why the other doesn't get it. A source of many a conflict. Learn early to save years of frustration. :)

Your right, and there is NO way to fix it, I think my training by her may be slightly working or I'm wearing her down ?

Edited by dtel

Do notice that the lady talks and talks and talks, and complains and complains .............. but never really says anything that identifies any problem. Can anyone s'plain how that works? Y'all know my 'on-line dating' thread here. Coming up to 6 months. Seen many a lady. Talked with many a lady. They all seem to be just this emotionally nebulous, a constellation of 'now what's the problem'. Next question: What makes woman happy? (Besides unlimited budgets)