Good NFL News - Bad NFL News

boomac

The good news is that Dan Dierdorf is retiring after tonight's game. The bad news is that far too many NFL sportscasters seemed to have graduated from the Dierdorf school of "hiney kissing". I certainly won't miss Dierdorf but I fear I'll think of him as I listen to half the boneheads calling the NFL Games.

Hopefully a fair number of NFL Refs will call it quits after this season. Of course, maybe it's all the new rules but in all my years of watching pro football I have never seen so many stupid calls and no calls.

It'd be great to see the Panthers and Broncos in the SB but I'll be watching as long as that gum-chewing nit-wit isn't on one of the sidelines!

• Like 1

I haven't gotten to see as many games (4 or 5 maybe) as I'd like but I was actually thinking that the calls were getting a little better in general. Yes, there were some DOOOZYS such as watching an offensive guard step past the ball before it was hiked then stepping back... no flag... nothing.

When I was a kid, a man on my paper route was a NFL referee and was constantly flying around the country for games. He had some good stories and was in a little bit of fear more than once after games.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Gum chewing nit wit = Sean Payton? They were pretty much handled by Seattle yesterday.

Seems like every time things are going ok he changes it, a player can play for a couple of plays and there out for a few ?

• Like 1

Boom I can hardly bear to listen anymore. All I hear is cheerleading especially for the league. I used to think these guys were paid by the networks to call the games---to be broadcasters and analysts---but it always sounds as if their paychecks come straight from the league office.

• Like 1

You're right Oldtimer!

Ya know, whether you loved or hated them, the old original Monday Night Football Crew was great. Now it's like the nitwits have to describe and analyze every stinkin' play and they usually include some kiss-hiney comment about one of the players. It seems the color guys have all contacted diarrhea of the mouth. Typically, I either DVR or pause the games that I want ot watch and then catch up without the commercials and psyco-babble. Troy Aikman and Joe Buck aren't bad. Fortunatley, they did several Packer games this year.

Still - Dierdorf set the precedent. Too bad because he was actually a pretty darn good football player.

I haven't gotten to see as many games (4 or 5 maybe) as I'd like but I was actually thinking that the calls were getting a little better in general. Yes, there were some DOOOZYS such as watching an offensive guard step past the ball before it was hiked then stepping back... no flag... nothing.

When I was a kid, a man on my paper route was a NFL referee and was constantly flying around the country for games. He had some good stories and was in a little bit of fear more than once after games.

WOW! I take it back... there have been some BAD calls tonight! How many people are screaming at their TVs tonight, I wonder?

WOW! I take it back... there have been some BAD calls tonight! How many people are screaming at their TVs tonight, I wonder?

I was one of those people screaming at the TV. Honestly, I could've cared less which team won, but the bad calls were making the game almost unbearable to watch. Dictator Goodell will whimpify the game as much as he can...hmm...maybe that's why I find myself watching more UFC these days.