New car time!

wuzzzer

Nice upgrade!

Have had 2 different Fiesta of the 78 80 years. I liked them for their fast sleek small profile. Air Cond. was stock I believe and worked good. Hatchbacks made it possible to overstuff the rear. Sometimes too much!

The Taurus looks like a keeper for sho...

The first new high performance car I bought had the go-faster goody parts already waiting in my garage when I got home. Had them put in in a couple of hours and didn't void the warranty or trip a CEL light. But that was OBDII and 1994. The car was only 2,700 lbs. and the window sticker said it would/should get 27mpg highway. After all the new goodies and breaking in the engine a few thousand miles, it got just a tad over 40mpg highway.

The goodies could not be seen from the outside but only heard a bid from the Borla exhaust and ported exhaust manifold. Other stuff like the K&N air and oil filter, Royal Purple synthetic oil, 94 gas and over filling the tires a few pounds to even out the grip made all the difference.

But 4,200 lbs. is one heavy car! Shoot! My 75' Mercury Montego (351W) was only 4,100 lbs !

Congrats on the SHO! I remember when Ford debuted that car they did a special on Discovery Channel or something like that pitting it against the likes of Mercedes, Bentleys, Jaguars, etc. and the Ford stacked up very well from a performance standpoint. Especially when you considered it's price compared to the vehicles it was up against.

I'm a car guy and used to own a 2009 Nissan Nismo 370z that was like a go-kart. Then when my wife got pregnant with our first I traded it in on a 2008 Jeep SRT8 w/ 420 hp and AWD. It can take anything off the line. However not nearly as good of gas mileage as your SHO. 11-12mpg if I'm lucky. 250 miles per tank. Awful. But sounds mean with the Magnaflow exhaust and K&N intake I put on it and that's what's really important!

Congrats again!

Well I ended up ordering the tune from Unleashed Tuning. I have them including tunes for 87, 89, 91 and 93 octanes. Power increases of 30 to 60+ horsepower to the wheels. Low 4 second 0 to 60 times with the 93 octane tune. :wacko2:

Edited by wuzzzer

Thats one good thing about all the turbo engines coming out, with a simple tune they can get great results for the money. Wuzzer are they supplying a device to change tunes on the go, or can you do it yourself with a smart phone or laptop??......Low 4's, nice!! :emotion-21: Are there any tracks around t test at.. :biggrin:

Well I ended up ordering the tune from Unleashed Tuning. I have them including tunes for 87, 89, 91 and 93 octanes. Power increases of 30 to 60+ horsepower to the wheels. Low 4 second 0 to 60 times with the 93 octane tune. :wacko2:

Careful now. Interference engine? Tune defeats high RPM cutoff? Wreck the topend or let a piston get fat and you'll wish you never heard of a tune. Ask me how I know about fat pistons LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally installed the tune today. The highest octane in the area is 92 so I had the tuner include tunes for 87, 89, 91 and 92 octanes. Filled up with 92 octane last week but I started with the 91 tune today. With the snow/slush that we had last night there aren't too many dry roads to give it a good test but the shifts are much faster.

To be completely honest I found myself somewhat let down. 0 to 30 takes place in just over 1 second now. 95% of the roads I drive on have a 30mph speed limit. It's like "WHEEEEE OHH I'm already speeding." It will be nice when the weather gets warmer and I can get out of town and open 'er up.

The tune is done by an SCT X3 handheld tuner that's uploaded via the OBD port. It took about 15 minutes to do the initial tune which involved copying the factory computer files to the X3 and uploading the custom tune. I saved a copy of the factory computer files on my laptop so that they are backed up.