RF-7 ii made in?

timdog5000

Hello all,

I spoke with my friend today whom owns a stereo store (car stereo) but VERY knowledgeable in HT. He told me that Klipsch RF-7 ii CABINETS ONLY are made in Hope, AR. Can anyone tell me with certainty if the electronics AND cabinets are made in Hope? Dont know that this would change my decision on these beautiful speakers but just curious at this point if electronics are made in China. Thanx for any and all replies.

What's an American company? GM or Toyota. I would say both. They both buy parts on the global market, they both employs Americans and build in the states. Bottom line on the RF 7II, it's not as simple as one would think. The lines are so blurred on American made. If you like the speakers, get them. :D

Edited by derrickdj1

The not being "Made in USA" factor doesn't bother me personally. I own a Honda oddessey and Honda element so im not really stuck on the made in america thing . Even though as stated earlier more than likely all or alot of the vehicles are probably made here. I just was surprised to hear it because Ive always associated the Furniture grade Klipsch speakers with being made in Hope. I put alot of faith in the knowledge of people on this forum whom have had FAR MORE EXPERIENCE with HT and Klipsch than I. If they are happy with their sevens I know my dumb butt will be happy as a lark. My concern( probably unwarranted) was that the electronics inside would be made cheaply overseas and POSSIBLY more prone to failure. Im about to spend what to me is ALOT of money on possibly my LAST SET of speakers and ones that ive pictured in my home for a few years now. I guess my point in even raising the question was to get confirmation that there is nothing to worry about. Which quite honestly by the reviews ive read here I shudnt have worried in the first place. My buddy I spoke of originally has all Altec Lansing VOTT in his room. He has access to these speakers quite frequently and was trying to steer me toward them. Although they DO soumd awesome. They also take up ALOT of room. Not trying to go all Dr. Phil here but this thread i guess was me getting cold feet on a BIG purchase. It was in no way intended to Slam Klipsch, other RF-7 owners or anyone who dosent Buy american. Thanks all

The not being "Made in USA" factor doesn't bother me personally. I own a Honda oddessey and Honda element so im not really stuck on the made in america thing . Even though as stated earlier more than likely all or alot of the vehicles are probably made here. I just was surprised to hear it because Ive always associated the Furniture grade Klipsch speakers with being made in Hope. I put alot of faith in the knowledge of people on this forum whom have had FAR MORE EXPERIENCE with HT and Klipsch than I. If they are happy with their sevens I know my dumb butt will be happy as a lark. My concern( probably unwarranted) was that the electronics inside would be made cheaply overseas and POSSIBLY more prone to failure. Im about to spend what to me is ALOT of money on possibly my LAST SET of speakers and ones that ive pictured in my home for a few years now. I guess my point in even raising the question was to get confirmation that there is nothing to worry about. Which quite honestly by the reviews ive read here I shudnt have worried in the first place. My buddy I spoke of originally has all Altec Lansing VOTT in his room. He has access to these speakers quite frequently and was trying to steer me toward them. Although they DO soumd awesome. They also take up ALOT of room. Not trying to go all Dr. Phil here but this thread i guess was me getting cold feet on a BIG purchase. It was in no way intended to Slam Klipsch, other RF-7 owners or anyone who dosent Buy american. Thanks all

That's what this forum is all about. Nothing wrong with asking :)

"Made in USA" markings are only required if the product is being made for markets outside the USA. Which means in general that if there is no markings it is made for the US market or was imported with illegal markings and was not caught.