Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Not too bad here in the hood today.  Calling for a high of 75 today but this weekend it's gonna start to go up.  90's next week and that will prolly be the end of spring here in the hood. 

Walked out to the garage about an hour ago cause I had nose trouble.  Couple 5-ton dump trucks pulled in with backho following them.  Flopped in my chair w/my coffee, kicked the garage stereo on and my snooty neighbor comes all hot doggin it over to tell me the city was coming in to pave the quarter mile oval in here today.  Told me his wife complained to the Mayor last year about the circle needing paved.  He was all smiles like he was "impotent" or something.  Talk about a waste of money?  Crazy cause there wasn't a thing wrong w/the street.  

The boys are rippin right thru it in record time.  I'm locked down tite cause the cloud of dust is huge.  More coffee and dust.  Just what my eye needs.  lol  Think I'm under medicated so today calls for coffee and more meds.  :)  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Never heard the Scorps try anything like that classic Kansas. Like both bands but the original is way better, that one is like me on my second pot of coffee!

I thought your kiddie pool was three times that size Willie? :o

• Haha 2

64` at 6AM... 95` now.  

When I said "kiddie", I mean "KIDDIE"

I don't particularly like "Dust in the Wind". Scorps version might strike my fancy. Disturbed did a good cover of Genesis' "Land of Confusion". I haven't listened to their rendition of "Sounds of Silence"... Somehow seems incongruous

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I'm horizontally challenged. If I fold my legs, I can get most of me in

Hey I took you up on what you said about your little Klipsch.

Then what was written about them and put on video. Mine look to get here today, but UPS always comes by this block around dinnertime. Nothing pro or heritage that I could get shipped at this price point since I started considering it last month.

• Like 2

I like mine. Hope you like yours.

The doghouse is too small for anything much bigger w/o removing some things. The room is ~12 X 12ft. I have a full size sofa, a large desk, 2 gym lockers, a bookshelf, 2 metal kitchen cabinets, and a night stand... oh... my keyboard. I have a hollow core door on top of the desk, so the desk takes even more space.... the amp and disc player live on it.  I can [almost] reach everything from an office chair in the middle of [what's left of] the room.

• Like 2

I'd bet that the imaging that I'm used to with having Klipsch since 1990 will come back now!

With the sub and the increase in sensitivity the whole sound will improve again here in my purgatory:dry:

Never did do the switch on my monos and probably won't think about it after finishing this new little pc system.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@grasshopper

Sure hope y'all have power with the hot days today and ahead this year.

They didn't shut down working power plants hoping to use pie-in-the-sky non-feasible methods there did they? That should be criminal to do in a desert state.

If they run low, it's not because of us. No A/C, no swamp box cooler... A fan and dip it the "pool" will make you cold. 

Got a c19 booster Tues... Moderna.... I got the full range of sides... Fever. Muscle/joint pain. I don't feel much good today. Been in bed all day. Wife was saying that stuff happens right away... Research says "up to 6 weeks" from the time of the shot. Waaa Waa Waa

• Like 2