Reel to Reel guys...

Schu

Dave the OP was asking about best bang for the buck type of decks so I told him what I know and that was it, until others started to show their decks. The OP is looking for a good value not the top tier stuff, that is why i didn't post sooner about my decks. You know what I am working with I think I sent you a demo a long time ago on CD from tape. OH BTW I really wish I could get those speakers from you but I just can't swing it right now too much going on...

Edited by canyonman

ou know what I am working with I think I sent you a demo a long time ago on CD from tape. OH BTW I really wish I could get those speakers from you but I just can't swing it right now too much going on...

That was one of the best CD's I've ever heard and as good as my own master location recordings. For a dub to sound that incredible told me all I needed to know about your decks and those Tape Project tapes.

Shame you aren't in a position to pop on the Frazier's. You are quite close by...

Dave

• Like 1

Any chance you could demonstrate how you do that Bruce? A couple of photos?

I am thinking I might have actually used some wd40 to clean out the old grease. I didn't even remove it from the deck. I had, at the time, looked up what to replace it with, and found some or similar.

Bruce