HELP! Anybody in Great Falls, Montana? Or Somewhere close?

johnnydrama

I found a pair of speakers (Klipsch XL-23s, bookshelves) on craigslist I'm interested in purchasing. The seller is willing to ship but wants me to mail him a check. Me no likey :emotion-45: . Was wondering if someone was local and could pick them up for me and handle the shipping for me? This also would make me more comfortable if someone who appreciated the speakers would ship them properly to me. He wants $200 to ship them to me, which I'm fine with. So I'd like to PayPal someone and them handle the transaction for me. I've spoke on the phone to the seller. Seems like a nice person, just refuses to use PayPal. I've been looking for a pair of these for almost 6 months now and they are hard to come by. They are 1400 miles away from me so a road trip is not doable.

If you are willing to help, first of all thanks. Second, PM to work out the details!

Edited by johnnydrama

Oldest craigs list scam there is. life is short, this kind of risk, well it's your money........

There's plenty of old guys on this forum, AK, etc that refuse to use paypal. It's not an automatic indication of a scam - they're just stuck in their ways. If the seller refused to talk on the phone, would only show stock photos (or none at all), contacted JD in connection for a WTB ad, and so forth - that would be more indicative of a CL scam.

Oldest craigs list scam there is. life is short, this kind of risk, well it's your money........

Yep, his money. So your thread crapping isn't required.

Error on the side of caution is hardly thread crapping, and id look out for you the same.

JD asks for remote shipping assistance and you reply with a Craigslist scam tutorial.

Thread crapping in the first degree, man.

Error on the side of caution is hardly thread crapping, and id look out for you the same.

JD asks for remote shipping assistance and you reply with a Craigslist scam tutorial.

Hey cupcake, you have NO idea what I see everyday, by the time im on scene, we(I) pick up the pieces. "Sheriff" so you see my perspective is a tad more on the defense side of things.

Hey cupcake, you have NO idea what I see everyday, by the time im on scene, we(I) pick up the pieces. "Sheriff" so you see my perspective is a tad more on the defense side of things.

Cupcake?

Sheriff?!

Did they give you a tin star or the plastic one? Are you riding in on a big white horse to save the day? Craigslist scammers beware!